Closing Date: 05 January 2019
Location: London Central and East Field Based
Salary: Up to £39,500
DBS Required: Yes
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for someone to be responsible for the effective overall management of the day to day regional activity of the allocate teams members in line with the Regional Business plan, including management of Key Performance Indicators.
You must have strong management skills with experience of managing remote workers, along with verifiable relevant industry experience and current knowledge of industry working practices and techniques relevant in a building services engineering environment. Any knowledge or involvement in Government training schemes and National Vocational Qualifications would be an advantage.
Although based from home, you will need to live in London and be willing to travel regularly so a full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
A DBS Disclosure will be required.
In addition to the salary, there is an excellent benefits package that includes training and development, an occupational pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and BUPA.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. JTL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Educated to NVQ Level 4, Apprenticeship or equivalent, recognised Health and Safety qualification, Driving Licence and use of a car.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
To support the Regional Business Manager in the management of the regional team ensuring the allocated team members are appropriately motivated, trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard meeting the regional targets.
* To be responsible for the day to day activities of the allocated team members in performance of the activities to support achievement of the Regional Business Plan, including monitoring performance through the Key Performance Indicators ensuring the timely escalation of any performance issues identified.
* To oversee the running of small centres, costs, materials and staffing where centre managers are not in post.
* To develop and utilise a combination of communication methods to support the effective remote work of allocated team members.
* To ensure awareness of and compliance with Government funding and Awarding Body requirements amongst allocated team members.
* To monitor the performance of assessors and support them to develop their skills ensuring CPD requirements are met in line with awarding body requirements.
* To monitor and report on achievement rates, both timely and overall of candidates, including reviewing progress and satisfaction levels of candidates.
* To manage the assessor caseloads and manage a small caseload directly; if required take on assessor caseloads on an ad hoc basis to cover long-term sickness absence, troubleshooting etc.
* To promote JTL’s commitment to safeguarding and the health, safety and welfare of apprentices and ensure that the allocated team members are aware of their on-going pastoral responsibilities with the apprentice and deal with any child protection issues in accordance with JTL procedures.
* To maintain and support good working relationships with external parties as required.
* To maintain an awareness of developments in JTL’s products and services ensuring personal and team professional knowledge is up-to-date.
* To ensure high quality delivery of JTL’s regional provision and the Region’s preparedness for external inspection or audit at any time.
* To ensure adoption of new systems, e.g. smart assessor, including that they are using it and monitor assessors, functional skills tutors (where line managing) and regional business coordinators in their daily delivery.
* To support the negotiations of training provider contracts following contractual guidelines
* Educated to NVQ level 4 or equivalent
* Qualified Electrician, NVQ Level 3, recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent OR comparable Maintenance Engineer qualifications OR Qualified plumber, NVQ Level 3, recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent
* GCSE English & maths A-C, 9-4, NVQ level 2, O’ Level A-D or equivalent
* D32, D33 and/or A1/TAQA or equivalent
* D34 and/or V1/IQA or equivalent
* Proven line management/supervisory experience
* Working knowledge and experience of the building services engineering and related industries
* Recognised Health & Safety qualification (IOSH Managing Safely)
* Good IT skills
* Good communication skills
* Driving Licence and use of a car.
* Current Skills necessary in the building services industry, particularly if case loading MES or electrical apprentices and qualifications in gas.
* Working knowledge or experience of work-based learning and Government funded training provisions
* Experience of remote management.