Operations Team Manger
Premex Plus are looking for an experienced Operations Team Manager to join our office based in Bolton, Horwich.
The primary purpose of your role will be to lead and motivate the operational team. We are looking for someone to create a culture that promotes innovation, succession and a motivated and driven workforce, using clear communication and strategic thinking to deliver on the above.
You should want to join the business with the mindset of making changes, challenging processes and proposing new and refreshing ideas, working with peers to overcome difficult situations and to come up with solutions to resolve existing issues.
You must be a strong people manager, with focus on improving quality and raising standards. Developing the existing workforce, through performance reviews and staff appraisals and other development plans for individuals.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To manage and prioritise the team’s workflow and resource to achieve desired internal and external SLA’s, ensuring the wider operational needs are considered.
- To monitor the quality of work produced by the team and establish clear KPI’s, providing support and guidance whilst implementing performance improvement plans when required.
- To proactively manage complaints and build relationships with customers and experts to improve service delivery
- Proactively managing skill set analysis and ensure training is scheduled for team members to support business need and personal progression.
- Responsible for development of all direct reports through settings SMART objectives aligned to the department SLA’s and company values
- Clearly communicating with all direct reports conducting regular team meetings, one to ones, appraisals, new starters meetings, performance reviews and document all meetings.
- Assisting in the recruitment of Operational team members and ensure new starter performance is on track with the relevant support provided
- Responsibility for the tracking of your own teams’ headcount against budget.
- Motivating the team and self to achieve the required levels of quality and service
- To lead by example providing support to all team members ensuring that company policies are adhered to at all times.
Client Relationship management -
- To ensure that the client’s expectations are met and the services that we provide are within the agreed SLA’s.
- To maintain and improve working relationships with existing and new clients attend client visits or telephone conferences when required
- Working closely with the Service Manager, Operations Teams, QA, Sales, Expert Liaison and other departments to build strong working relationships to achieve results.
- Be accountable for ensuring the satisfactory on boarding of new customers, from introduction, establishing the internal process and creating relationships with key customers by working closely with the Service Manager, customer and team.
- To understand key customer’s business and customer requirements.
- Be the voice of the customer. Challenge the way we work to improve customer’s experience and focus on meeting, if not exceeding their expectations
- Take Responsibility of the implementation of any changes to reduce complaints
Service and delivery -
- Demonstrate the ability to reduce the costs to the business through identifying and implementing process efficiencies and technological advances.
- To contribute ideas and resource for the benefit of the Operation and the Company.
- Share best practice with colleagues to drive improvements throughout the department.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are documented and updated when required.
Key knowledge and experience
You should understand the personal injury or insurance industry, knowledge and understanding of operational processes.
To have managed a team of individuals - with an understanding of working towards KPI's and motivating team members to achieve set targets and deadlines.
Experience of delegation and setting objectives both team and individuals.
Have a good work ethic, always working to a high standard and ensuring that the team works to the same standard.
You should be;
- A strong communicator both verbal and written.
- Approachable, empathetic and understanding - realising the impact of a negative or positive attitude within a team.
- Be able to offer constructive feedback when needed and come up with solutions to develop and enhance individual team members performance and productivity.
- Passionate about working with people and making cultural changes.
- Organised and able to effectively plan and delegate daily, weekly and monthly workload - considering individual competency levels.
Additional information and benefits;
- Free Christmas parties
- Christmas vouchers
- Huge discounts with many UK retailers
- Summer fun events
- Long service awards
- Recognition schemes
- Fun events all year round such as World Book day and Halloween
- CSR opportunities and the ability to have sponsorship matching and volunteer days
- Newly refurbished offices – Open plan
- Free tea and coffee
Immediate interview and start available