London & Partners is London’s international trade, investment and promotion agency. It is our role to promote London internationally as a leading world city in which to visit, study, invest, grow and meet.
Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth. It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Department of International Trade (DIT), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, event organisers, London and overseas businesses and investors and prospective higher education students.
Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long-term success.
Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly. We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
The Marketing Manager (Business) supports the Director of International Marketing to execute a best-in-class, data-led marketing activities which showcase London as a leading world city in which to invest, work and visit, bringing ‘brand London’ to life brilliantly and consistently. They will be responsible for implementing business marketing initiatives which deliver against agreed targets and is in line with London & Partners’ strategic objectives.
The Marketing Manager (Business) will support the Director and work alongside the wider marketing and business teams to identify and understand key target audiences and channels, helping to optimise activity to deliver maximum performance against targets.
- Execute innovative, best-in-class business marketing activities from inception through to final evaluation
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and growing our Global Good News Room WhatsApp community; as well as leading the content and engagement plan
- Ensure all marketing activity utilises audience insights; supports and builds London’s global brand, inspires and engages audiences and influences them to choose London
- Work with the Business Directorate to develop an understanding of the challenges facing Foreign Direct Investment, Business Tourism and Outbound Trade markets, in order to be able to promote London as a place to invest/grow a business/trade with and to hold a business event/convention/exhibition, as part of the new London & Partners strategy.
- Attend and provide professional assistance for agreed priority business events and trade shows.
- Commission engaging and effective content and materials internally, and where required, externally to respond to the needs of our target audiences
- Work with the Paid Media Manager to deliver a high-performing paid media campaigns.
- Work with the Content & Channels team to integrate London & Partners’ owned channels into all appropriate business marketing campaigns
- Ensure cross team liaison and integration of business campaign activities with the wider Marketing Directorate
- Be able to work effectively and build strong relationships with a range of external organisations, for example UKTI, Tech City UK and MedCity, and our network of partners.
- Manage budgets and resources efficiently and effectively
- Line-manage one Marketing Executive
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as allocated by the line manager
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience delivering integrated business marketing campaigns across multiple audiences, markets, channels and media with demonstrable results
- Marketing and communications experience within London’s key business sectors; urban, life sciences, financial business services tech, creative
- Committed to continuous learning and evolving with industry best practice
- Customer first and data led, using audience data to inform activity and achieve goals
- Experience working in an agile marketing environment and as part of project teams
- Demonstrable experience of managing high-performing direct reports
- Experience managing external creative and media agencies
- Budget management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Fluent in one of French, German or Mandarin
- International experience within L&P markets – North America including Canada, India, France, Germany, China
- Partnership marketing and / or sales experience
- Direct marketing/CRM experience, particularly using Salesforce
Personal style and behaviour
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Through good self-awareness, is able to motivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance
- Has a passion for London’s business scene
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
These are standard job terms, however various flexible working options will be considered should they meet the needs for the business. Examples could include job share, part time, flexible shifts and home working. Let us know how we can best support you to achieve the right work/life balance.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Applications may be reviewed as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.
Please note that London & Partners is not a sponsoring organisation so all applicants are required to have existing right to work in the UK.