Please note that this role may be based in our Shanghai office or our Beijing office
London & Partners is the Mayor of London’s official promotional agency. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Department of Trade & Investment (DIT), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long-term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
Lead China marketing for our student, visitor and business audiences. You will develop new marketing opportunities through large brand partnerships. You will lead the China marketing team and work closely with the London marketing team to ensure we are delivering our China marketing strategy.
You will develop and execute best-in-class, large and long-term marketing partnerships with major production studios, sports teams, online distributors and large brands in China. These partnerships will help us reach our target audiences in China, helping us to grow the London brand and change perceptions of London.
You will identify, negotiate and win agreements with large brand and marketing partners with a view to using their brand and channels to reach and influences our audiences. You will also account manage the relationships once an agreement is reached, ensuring we maximise the opportunity for London and the partner.
You will also lead and guide the delivery of campaigns via the China marketing team, which includes a China marketing executive in China and a China marketing manager in London. You will ensure campaign delivery plans are fit for purpose and delivering against our goals.
- Work with the Chief representative in China and Marketing Directors and their teams in London to develop and deliver an effective partnership marketing strategy for brand campaigns across earned and partner channels;
- Deliver high-profile, multi-channel communications activities in China promoting London as a leading city for our target audiences
- Manage and develop members of the China marketing team to ensure individuals are engaged and high-performing
- Work collaboratively with partners and external stakeholders such as Visit Britain to leverage their channels and deliver high-impact campaigns to engage target audiences
- Allocate and manage budgets for marketing projects, delivering good value for money and value in kind
- Create and win large and long-term marketing partnerships with major production studios, sports teams, online distributors and large brands in China
- Negotiate mutually beneficial relationships that help us grow London’s brand and improve perceptions with our target audience
- Account manage partnerships to we deliver agreed goals for both London & Partners and the partner(s).
- Build and manage a pipeline of potential partnerships
- Lead and guide the delivery of campaigns via the China marketing team, which includes a China marketing executive in China and a China marketing manager in London
- Work with the London office to create strong brand and marketing propositions for new and existing partners, ensuring these deliver against our objectives
- Work closely with DMOs and agencies in China such as VisitBritain to leverage strategic partnership marketing opportunities and form beneficial collaborations
- Manage budgets and resources efficiently and effectively
- Provide reports and information to senior leadership as needed
- Line manage the China marketing executive
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as allocated by the line manager
- China marketing manager
- China marketing executive
- Chief representative China
- Marketing team
- Partnership team
- China teams
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of building and developing high performing teams focussed on delivering strong results
- Highly effective negotiating and influencing skills, including ability to successfully influence very senior individuals internally and externally
- Highly developed understanding and experience of working with diverse stakeholders across the public and private sectors
- Experience in developing mutually-beneficial partner marketing partnerships across multiple audiences, markets, channels and media, with demonstrable results
- Account management experience
- Extensive relevant experience within a marketing business or agency environment
- Proven experience of leading marketing campaigns with a strong awareness of China marketing channels and audiences
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and innovations across marketing, campaigns and activities
- Demonstrable commercial understanding
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Line management experience
- Spoken and/or written fluency English and Mandarin
- Experience of consumer (B2C) and business (B2B) campaign marketing
- Relevant international experience within London & Partners’ target markets
Personal style and behaviour
- Able to achieve plans and objectives though creative and considered thinking and a positive and innovative approach to problem solving. Able to demonstrate resilience and adapts positively within the context of ambiguous and fast changing priorities and cultural agendas.
- Able to adjust comfortably to, and remains productive within the context of ambiguous and fast changing priorities and cultural agendas. High performing team through building trust co-operation and constructive dialogue.
- Able to build and manage a high performing team through building trust, co-operation and constructive dialogue
- Able to use business challenges and opportunities to improve team, personal and organisational performance.
- Able to motivate, coach and encourage others to grow their own and the organisation’s potential, through the deployment of performance improving tools/interventions.
- Able to establish and manage constructive relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit.
- Able to communicate a clear sense of purpose, direction and success to key stakeholders in a self-assured and articulate manner.
- Able to manage and deliver projects and programmes of work with the team using all available resources, measuring and monitoring performance throughout.
- Facilitates team and business performance by creating an environment where teams take responsibility and ownership for outcomes and improvement
- Has a passion for London.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
These are standard job terms, however various flexible working options will be considered should they meet the needs for the business. Examples could include job share, part time, flexible shifts and home working. Let us know how we can best support you to achieve the right work/life balance.
If you need to receive this information and/or apply in an alternative format, please contact London & Partners by emailing email@example.com or call 020 7234 5800 to discuss how we can help.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.