London & Partners is the Mayor of London’s official promotional agency. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Department of Trade & Investment (DIT), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long-term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
You will lead the development and planning of a best-in-class, data-led customer acquisition and content marketing strategy which delivers against always on and campaign targets, and is in line with the Consortium’s strategic objectives.
You will work with Domestic Tourism content and paid media specialists (internal and external) to successfully execute your plans. This is a hands-on role that also requires strategic thinking.
Working with the Head of Domestic Tourism Marketing and the wider internal marketing team and agency teams, you will identify and acquire our key target audiences across a variety of channels for each campaign, optimising campaigns to deliver against campaign targets.
- Lead on the planning of best-in-class audience acquisition and content marketing strategies to deliver against agreed targets for a variety of activity
- Lead on the creation of actionable SEO plans, using SEO tools to undertake keyword research, competitor benchmarking, on page analysis, and customer journey analysis
- Work closely with the content team to plan content strategies based on your acquisition plans, ensuring SEO plans are effectively implemented and results tracked
- Track SEO performance for key terms and phrases, identifying new opportunities to improve rankings
- Train and guide the content team to self-serve simple SEO requirements
- Train and guide the eCommerce Manager to optimise eCommerce performance across our channels
- Identify, acquire and manage distribution partners aligned to our target audiences
- Select and manage external agencies, and work with in-house specialists to plan and optimise high performing paid media activities across all channels including display, PPC, and social media.
- Report on the performance of paid media and SEO strategies, identifying key insights to improve future campaigns
- Work with the Marketing Planner to ensure we understand our target audiences, who they are, how we reach them and how we influence them
- Work collaboratively with external partners and stakeholders as required to plan acquisition campaigns and content strategies
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as allocated by the line manager.
- Commercial Ventures Team
- Domestic Tourism team
- Director, Marketing Strategy & team
- Director, Content & Channels & team
- Campaign Marketing Manager (Paid Media)
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience delivering integrated customer acquisition and content marketing campaigns across multiple audiences, markets, channels and media with demonstrable results
- Strong understanding and experience of successfully delivering data-led SEO plans
- Committed to continuous learning and evolving with industry best practice
- Customer first and data-led, using audience data to inform activity and achieve goals
- Experience managing external paid media agencies
- Hands-on experience of setting up paid media campaigns in a variety of channels
- Experience working with a variety of online analytics and SEO tools
- Experience of training and coaching team-members
- Budget management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience working in an agile marketing environment and as part of project teams
Personal style and behaviour
- Able to achieve plans and objectives though creative and considered thinking and a positive and innovative approach to problem solving. Able to demonstrate resilience, and adapts positively within the context of ambiguous and fast changing priorities and cultural agendas.
- Able to adjust comfortably to, and remains productive within the context of ambiguous and fast changing priorities and cultural agendas.
- Able to build and manage a high performing team through building trust, co-operation and constructive dialogue
- Able to use business challenges and opportunities to improve team, personal and organisational performance.
- Able to motivate, coach and encourage others to grow their own and the organisation’s potential, through the deployment of performance improving tools/interventions.
- Able to establish and manage constructive relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit.
- Able to communicate a clear sense of purpose, direction and success to key stakeholders in a self-assured and articulate manner.
- Able to manage and deliver projects and programmes of work with the team using all available resources, measuring and monitoring performance throughout.
- Facilitates team and business performance by creating an environment where teams take responsibility and ownership for outcomes and improvement
- Has a passion for London.
Applications may be reviewed as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.
Please note that London & Partners is not a sponsoring organisation so all applicants are required to have existing right to work in the UK.