Please note that this role may be based in our Shanghai office or our Beijing office
London & Partners is the Mayor of London’s official promotional agency. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Department of Trade & Investment (DIT), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long-term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
You will be responsible for creating and producing content for all our marketing channels including websites, social, email, print and PR. You will engage our B2B and B2C audiences with creative content using data to help shape the content plan.
You will work closely with the China marketing manager and teams in London to ensure we build an engaged audience across our channels including our Chinese website, London.cn, and associated social media channels to reach target audiences. You will also support the Director, China marketing to ensure we build and maintain relationships with key partners who can help us reach our audiences.
- Create and produce content aligned to the content plan across all channels including website, social, print and press releases.
- Manage the content of the London.cn website and social channels including Weibo and WeChat
- Be the community manager on our social channels, engaging our audiences and responding to their questions
- Use data to help shape the content plan for our marketing channels
- Assist in the planning and implementation of social media campaigns
- Work with colleagues in China and London including the content, markets, marketing strategy and campaigns teams, to help deliver content and partnerships across a variety of channels
- Seek and develop opportunities with third-parties and influencers to increase the reach of our content (and owned channels where relevant)
- Work with colleagues in London and China to co-ordinate, commission, collate and create engaging content aimed at Chinese audiences e.g. videos in Mandarin
- Translate and re-purpose relevant content produced in-house
- Prepare and send email newsletters as required
- Keep up-to-date with the China digital and social media landscape
- Any other reasonable tasks allocated by line manager
- Senior marketing manager (China)
- China marketing manager (London)
- Education & Talent Team
- Content and Channels team
- China office
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant experience or qualifications
- Native speaker of Chinese (mandarin) and fluent in English
- Excellent written skills with good knowledge of grammar and accuracy in Mandarin Chinese
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express thoughts and opinions on digital channels in a clear and helpful manner – and to English-speaking colleagues
- Experience developing and publishing content on a wide variety of Chinese marketing channels including social media channel, websites (WordPress desirable) and print.
- Experience working with partners to deliver successful marketing campaigns
- An interest in digital marketing and a passion for London
- Committed to continuous learning and evolving with industry best practice
- Customer first and data led, using audience data to inform activity and achieve goals
- Experience working in an agile marketing environment and as part of project teams
Personal style and behaviour
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Through good self-awareness, can motivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner.
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance.
- Has a passion for London.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
These are standard job terms, however various flexible working options will be considered should they meet the needs for the business. Examples could include job share, part time, flexible shifts and home working. Let us know how we can best support you to achieve the right work/life balance.
If you need to receive this information and/or apply in an alternative format, please contact London & Partners by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7234 5800 to discuss how we can help.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.