London & Partners (L&P) is the official promotional agency for London. It is a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and a network of commercial partners from across the London business community. London & Partners works on behalf of the Mayor, and all Londoners, to build London's reputation as the most exciting city in which to invest, grow a business, visit, meet, study, live and work in order to create jobs and economic growth for the city.
The Business Growth Programme (BGP) is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) matched by GLA Grant for FDI SME businesses. The programme aim is to help ambitious SME companies from London’s technology, creative industries, media, telecoms and life sciences sectors to develop and grow their opportunities in London. Tailored to fit a company’s growth ambitions, this exclusive programme provides:
- Focussed workshops and events that provide the opportunity to learn from expert advisers and corporates (including meet the corporate, BGP talks, meet the mentor etc).
- One-to-one mentoring and ongoing guidance from entrepreneurs, business leaders and strategic partners.
- The opportunity for client companies to join the BGP Alumni Community once a minimum of 12 hours of support has been completed and all evidence signed off.
The BGP works closely with its sister programme at London & Partners, the Mayor’s International Business Programme (MIBP) which supports scaling businesses to internationalise and access new global markets.
Purpose of the Role
Working closely with the Business Growth Manager, FBST to support the delivery and expansion of the programme which will include the following key responsibilities:
- Support Business Growth Manager, FBST with account management of a portfolio of clients in the FBST sector including financial services, business services, HRtech, Fintech, Insurtech, Regtech, SaaS, hardware, telecoms and cyber security.
- Create and develop a pipeline of potential leads and clients for the Business Growth Manager, FBST.
- Prepare and coordinate paperwork for clients in compliance with ERDF guidelines working closely with the BGP Project Officer and Programme Assistant.
- Maintain records, including data entry for client on-boarding and off-boarding sessions on our CRM.
- Work closely with the Business Growth Manager, FBST to build a sector specific network to support the BGP and MIBP including potential clients, Mentors, Strategic Partners, Programme Partners and sector relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and attend sector relevant events to promote London & Partners and the BGP.
- Work with the Business Growth Manager, FBST to develop and deliver sector specific programme content to complement the core programme content for both BGP and MIBP.
- Support the BGP Programme Manager with core programme content delivery including event administration support where necessary.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of project-based work.
- Knowledge of ERDF.
- Experience of working with SMEs and/ or startups.
- Process driven.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building and developing a meaningful network.
- FBST sector experience or knowledge would be valuable.
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- An interest in economic development in London and an ability to pick up new subject areas quickly.
Personal style and behaviour
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Through good self-awareness, is able to motivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner.
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance.
- Has a passion for London.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
These are standard job terms, however various flexible working options will be considered should they meet the needs for the business. Examples could include job share, part time, flexible shifts and home working. Let us know how we can best support you to achieve the right work/life balance.
If you need to receive this information and/or apply in an alternative format, please contact London & Partners by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7234 5800 to discuss how we can help.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Applications may be reviewed as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.
Please note that London & Partners is not a sponsoring organisation so all applicants are required to have existing right to work in the UK.