London & Partners is the Mayor of London’s official promotional agency. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Department of Trade & Investment (DIT), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
The Mayors International Business Programme helps ambitious high-growth (scale-up) companies from London’s technology, life sciences and urban sectors to expand their businesses internationally. Tailored to fit a company’s specific international growth ambitions, this exclusive programme provides:
- One-to-one and one-to-many mentoring and ongoing guidance from entrepreneurs, business leaders and our delivery partners.
- Focussed workshops and events that provide the opportunity to learn from expert advisers and corporates.
- Live leads for specific business opportunities in North America, Europe, China and India.
- The opportunity to join high-profile targeted trade missions led by our team of international business experts.
Purpose of role
Working closely with the Head of Innovation & Life Science, to support the delivery and expansion of the programme which will include the following key responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Innovation & Life Science with account management of a portfolio of clients in the innovation and life sciences sectors including AI, EdTEch, digital health, wellbeing and Medtech.
- Prepare and coordinate paperwork for clients in compliance with ERDF guidelines working closely with the compliance team.
- Coordinate Mentor sessions for clients in the life science and innovation portfolio working closely with the Head of Innovation & Life Science to engage and liaise with MIBP Mentors and ensure a consistent approach.
- Create and develop a pipeline of potential leads and clients for the Head of Innovation & Life Science.
- Work closely with the Head of Innovation & Life Science to build a sector specific network to support MIBP including potential clients, Mentors, Strategic Partners, Programme Partners and sector relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and attend sector relevant events to promote London & Partners and MIBP.
- Work with the Head of Innovation & Life Science to develop and deliver sector specific programme content to complement the core programme content for both MIBP and BGP.
- Support the Head of Innovation & Life Science with core programme content delivery including event administration support where necessary.
- Maintain records, including data entry for client on-boarding and off-boarding sessions on our CRM.
- Work with the Head of Innovation & Life Sciences to identify and graduate companies that have been part of the programme for more than a year, making sure we capture all relevant successes.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of project-based work.
- Knowledge of ERDF.
- Experience of working with SMEs and/ or startups.
- Process driven.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building and developing a meaningful network.
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- An interest in economic development in London and an ability to pick up new subject areas quickly.
Personal style and behaviour
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Through good self-awareness, is able to motivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner.
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance.
- Has a passion for London.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
These are standard job terms, however various flexible working options will be considered should they meet the needs for the business. Examples could include job share, part time, flexible shifts and home working. Let us know how we can best support you to achieve the right work/life balance.
If you need to receive this information and/or apply in an alternative format, please contact London & Partners by calling 020 7234 5800 to discuss how we can help.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Applications may be reviewed as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.
Please note that London & Partners is not a sponsoring organisation so all applicants are required to have existing right to work in the UK.