London & Partners is the Mayor of London’s official promotional agency. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), Department of Trade & Investment (DIT), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager (Trade & Growth) and the Corporate Communications team, you will be working across two growth programmes: the Mayor’s International Business Programme, which supports London-based companies who are looking to internationalise; and the Business Growth Programme, focused on supporting London businesses to grow within London. You will promote both programmes on an ongoing basis to attract new participants, showcase London’s start-up and high growth companies and amplify growth success across the London business community.
You will work in a fast paced and upbeat environment, and work across a variety of channels including events, digital, social media, PR, print and content creation.
- Deliver creative marketing and communication strategies, plans and approaches to help market and position to attract new businesses to the programmes and to support businesses with amplifying their successes
- Support cross channel marketing campaigns and activities for both programmes working closely with the corporate communications and media teams to drive media coverage
- Work proactively with wider project teams to identify market opportunities helping generate leads, build awareness and create engagement with the programmes
- Support in the development of new comms initiatives and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Collate engaging and effective content and materials externally, and where required, internally to respond to the needs of our target audiences
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify key influencer and outreach opportunities
- Draft or oversee the creation of media release, including press releases on both programmes, oped and thought leadership pieces. Oversee creation of content on social media, such as regular posts, blogs or tweets.
- Manage the content creation and integration of social channels within marketing activity
- Work in collaboration with the sales, marketing, events and media teams, ensuring that the programmes are integrated and aligned across the business
- Support with monitoring and measurement to ensure effectiveness, managing the relevant budgets and spend to demonstrate ROI.
- Work in collaboration with partners and key stakeholders to create high impact messaging and collateral (both digital and print) outlining the key strengths of the programmes (ensuring compliance with the European Regional Development Fund)
- Engage and manage relevant suppliers
- Work effectively and build strong relationships with a range of external organisations, for example DIT, Tech City UK and MedCity, and our network of partners
- Trade & Growth (Mayor’s International Business Programme & Business Growth Programme)
- Corporate Communications & Public Affairs
- External stakeholders: partners, influencers, agencies
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write compelling copy
- Experience delivering integrated B2B marketing and communication campaigns across multiple audiences, markets, channels and media with demonstrable results
- Excellent project management skills and track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Strong marketing and communications skill base across multiple channels, particularly digital
- Social media understanding within a B2B audience
- Committed to continuous learning and evolving with industry best practice
- Customer first and data led, using audience data to inform activity and achieve goals
- Experience working in an agile marketing environment and as part of project teams
- Experience managing external creative and media agencies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good communicator and adept and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders
- Marketing degree / qualification or equivalent experience
- International experience within L&P markets (US, India, China, France, Germany)
- Partnership marketing and / or sales experience
- Background that includes B2B marketing experience, preferably in services
Personal style and behaviour
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Through good self-awareness, is able to motivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance
- Has a passion for London
Applications may be reviewed as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.
Please note that London & Partners is not a sponsoring organisation so all applicants are required to have existing right to work in the UK.