London & Partners is the official promotional company for London. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
As Territory Manager – Shanghai you will support the development and implementation of London & Partners sales strategy in China. You will identify and build relationships with clients interested in setting up in Europe and the UK, ensuring they consider setting up in London.
- Provide input to new strategies to generate investment in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Engage actively with key new and existing inward investors with a base in Eastern China
- Plan and implement London & Partners’ programmes for sales trips to Eastern China, building relationships with key contacts and managing the programme of activities
- Contribute to the planning cycle for China including budgeting and business plans
- Undertake market research to identify key market trends and prospective investors
- Develop specialist knowledge of key businesses and multipliers in Eastern China or other regions as and when required
- Propose and implement marketing campaigns/events in coordination with London & Partners’ marketing team, including offerings such as Touchdown
- Broaden and strengthen London & Partners’ links with multipliers and government organisations in Eastern China including: UKTI, GLA and the City of London Corporation (following the Pathfinder protocol agreed with the City of London Corporation and/or UKTI) and Chinese government organisations including the Ministry of Commerce, Chinese Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT)
- Support the Chief Representative – China with the management of lead generation agency activities in Eastern and China
- Work closely with target clients and prospective clients in market to drive new FDI projects into the London & Partners pipeline
- Work in co-operation with London & Partners’ marketing team, utilising marketing collateral and programmes to identify potential inward investment projects
- Support the London & Partners Business Development Team and Business Growth Teams based in London where necessary to help progress projects to completion
- Influence clients to choose a London location over other potential locations
- Communicate frequently and develop a strong working relationship with other members of the team within London & Partners
- Actively seek out and report any intelligence gained on overseas owned companies already based in London who may be considering moving or expanding their operations
- Maintain accurate and up to date records, including updating the CRM system regularly
- Produce sales reports and analyses and provide case related information required for external and internal reports
- Contribute to the running of London & Partners events and lead generation initiatives in China attending trade shows & networking events and arranging seminars as required
- Organise visit programmes for London colleagues and for potential inward investors into London
- Performance against primary, secondary and tertiary business objectives, as defined in the Sales Plan
- Delivery against business objectives not specifically defined in the Sales Plan, but which are required for stakeholder reporting
- Balance of success across Central London and London sub-regions
- Maintain sufficient pipeline cover in all actively targeted regions to ensure delivery against key performance criteria
The successful candidate will demonstrate:-
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable sales experience, preferably gained in an international business-to-business sales environment
- Experience of having lived or worked in the UK, ideally London, would be an advantage
- Understanding of inward investment and its impact on economic development
- Successful experience of relationship building/networking leading to major sales opportunities
- Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin is essential
- Clean, current driving licence and willingness to travel within China as required
- Knowledge of internet research, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is necessary. Knowledge of databases and CRM preferred
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
These are standard job terms, however various flexible working options will be considered should they meet the needs for the business. Examples could include job share, part time, flexible shifts and home working. Let us know how we can best support you to achieve the right work/life balance.
If you need to receive this information and/or apply in an alternative format, please contact London & Partners by emailing email@example.com or call 020 7234 5800 to discuss how we can help.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Applications may be reviewed as they are received, so please apply as soon as possible.