Receptionist/Client Hospitality Host
At Michelmores we put our clients at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to advise clients on a broad range of legal matters across the UK and internationally. With offices in Exeter, London and Bristol we are well placed to work with a diverse range of clients who provides our people with the high quality, intellectually and exciting.
We have a strategic focus on Private Wealth, Finance and Investment and Real Estate. In the South West in particular, we also have strong sector support for Energy, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Technology and Innovation.
With a total complement of around 450 lawyers, professional advisers, paralegals and business service staff, we are the largest professional services firm based in the region. Our longstanding history and solid values has created an entrepreneurial environment where we treat all people, clients and employees alike, as individuals. We pride ourselves on the leading role we play in the business community and our ability to make our connections count for our clients, old and new.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist/Client Hospitality Host to join the busy London office. This is a role requiring you to provide an efficient and effective front of house service.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the London office and providing a first class service
- Informing the relevant parties of the visitors’ arrival in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all incoming calls to the switchboard are answered swiftly and efficiently and transferred to the correct extension
- Co-ordination of booking of meeting rooms and setting up of meeting rooms for seminars and meetings
- Ensuring reception is covered at all times throughout the working day
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are clean, tidy and appropriately equipped for each meeting
- Replenish stationery supplies and crockery/glasses in meeting rooms as required. Including wiping down the tables, clearing white boards and resetting the room after each meeting
- Ensuring the general tidiness and cleanliness of the Reception area and kitchen
- Provide visitors and staff attending meetings with hot and/or cold beverages
- Provide visitors and staff attending meetings with lunches and snacks, as they request. Attention must be given to the presentation and delivery of this service as well as to the handling and storage of food and beverages
- Organise the purchase of catering consumables within budget. Ensure that stock is rotated to prevent wastage and that supplies are maintained to the correct level according to usage and storage restrictions
- Occasionally organising lunches from external catering providers
- Liaising with the Exeter and Bristol offices to ensure that all telephone lists in the London office are up to date
- Working with IT to ensure video conference meetings are set up accurately and on time and assisting with the maintenance of hot desks, including basic hardware (i.e. set up PC and Telephone) support for visitors
- Producing a monthly rota for the reception team to ensure cover from 8am to 6pm and ensuring adequate cover is in place during periods of absence
- Supporting the Support Team Leader/Office Manager with identifying and addressing facilities issues
- Support the wider administrative team with ad-hoc requests
- Build relationships with suppliers
- To adhere to the sites security procedures and regulations as set out by the building management
- Maintaining Front of House protocol
Experience and skills required:
- Previous Reception / front of house experience in fast paced environment
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry will be desirable
- Level 2 Food Safety & Level 2 Health & Safety an advantage but not essential as training will be offered
- Strong client focus and commitment to deliver excellent service
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to form strong relations with people at all levels in the organisation and external parties and clients
- Ability to prioritise workload and multitask
This is a great opportunity to join a fast moving and ambitious team.
Must be prepared to work on a weekly rota of 8am – 5pm or 9am-6pm Monday – Friday.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.
View our Diversity and Equality page for more information.