We are a well-established, family run care provider and have been delivering kind and compassionate nursing care in our six Nursing Homes across Shropshire and Cheshire since 1989.
Our fully trained care teams go the extra mile every day to help our residents continue to live fulfilling lives, where their dignity is respected and independence nurtured.
Oldbury Grange Nursing Home, near Bridgnorth, is an elegant country house providing personal, sensitive nursing care for the elderly, including post-operative convalescence care, disability and palliative care. The Home also provides specialist expertise for those requiring dementia care.
We are looking for a Chef to assist in the preparation and cooking of food for our residents. This post is part time for 18 hours per week across 2 days.
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of food following menus already prepared by the Head Chef and Group Catering Manager
- To take personal responsibility in becoming fully aware of Health & Safety at Work Policies in particular Fire Procedures, Control of Infection, COSHH and Lifting and Handling Policies
- To supervise and help train junior staff in catering duties.
- To train junior staff in all Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and COSHH regulations and ensuring their compliance with the same.
- To ensure the correct labelling and storage of food at all times.
- To assistant kitchen staff with washing up.
- To clean and maintain kitchen appliances, surfaces and floors as per cleaning schedule.
- To ensure the kitchen is locked and secure before going off duty.
- To attend in-service training for Moving and Handling Infection Control Fire Safety Basic Food Hygiene COSHH
- To assist in ensuring the security of all residents and the premises through the observance of security procedures and the challenging of any strangers in the Home.
- To ensure all accidents, incidents and complaints are recorded and reported.
- Previous experience of work within a health care setting is not essential, but may be an advantage, for example experience of a nursing home, hospital or working with clients with disability and/or dementia.