System Integration Manager
Working as part of the senior leadership team you will be responsible for leading and directing the development, delivery and acceptance of the portfolio of engineering systems for the project, including communications, signalling, ETCS Level 2 and Traffic Management Systems. You will manage and direct a team of experts to deliver on a consistent basis, the professional management and control of system specifications and variations, design approval and acceptance of systems to enable the efficient and effective delivery operational safety and train service delivery.
Potential candidates must:
- Be willing to accept new ways of working and be open to accepting new practices;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have the ability to embrace and understand different concepts and be able to identify the extent to which they would be applicable within a Network Rail context; and
- Be able to work as part of a small team operating in a multi-functional environment.
In return we are able to offer you:
- Guaranteed employment with Network Rail Consulting;
- An attractive overseas relocation package;
- Lead and direct the integrated Digital Systems Integration team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key project milestones and performance objectives.
- Establish and provide guidance on and interpret technical requirements for compliance with statute, system design, national and international standards and industry practice including the identification and recommendation of ways to reduce system costs and reduce construction time without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning for implementation of all rail systems to support the introduction of ETCS Level 2 onto the Sydney Trains network.
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures covering all areas of reporting functional activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and to ensure efficient, effective and safe working.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning and implementation of the ETCS Level 2 and ATO ensuring projects are completed within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Contribute to the development of project requests for proposal (RFPs) and to the evaluation of proposals from contractors/subcontractors.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 10 years’ experience of directing complex organisations.
- Experience in an executive position within a main line / high speed rail organisation.
- Strong background in managing Signalling, in particular ETCS Level 2, ATO and Traffic Management systems
- Track record of bringing complex railroad projects to successful completion on time and within budget
- Development of strategies to support the strategic network needs; monitoring the contribution of infrastructure systems to organisational success
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Relevant professional and academic qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer working towards Chartered status.
- Degree qualification;
- Chartered Engineer.
- Member of relevant professional body; and
- Formal Accident & Incident Investigation
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references in relation to your compliance with Network Rail Consulting’s Anti-Bribery Policy and Anti-Bribery Management System. These references are a requirement of British Standard 10500:2011 which Network Rail Consulting adheres to.
Please note that this if you are the successful candidate for this post, your Network Rail Infrastructure Limited (NRIL) band will remain unchanged throughout your long term assignment. At the end of the assignment, NRC will support you to find a role at your NRIL band, your base salary will remain the same subject to pay increases in accordance with the annual pay reviews. Your bonus calculations while at NRC will be based on your NRIL banding.
Network Rail Consulting welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.