Executive Assistant - Directorate
Salary: £33,988 - £40,574
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
Overseas Development Institute is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Provide professional support to the Executive Director and thereby facilitate their ability to perform their role effectively.
- Manage external relationships on behalf of the Executive Director, working with their very senior contacts and co-ordinating the Executive Director’s public affairs.
- Project manage the Executive Director’s research work, ensuring timely delivery and accurate reporting.
- Manage the internal profile of the Executive Director, ensuring that they have the capacity to effectively discharge their management duties and are kept informed about internal processes and events.
- Work with the Company Secretary to ensure effective preparation and planning of Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings and tracking implementation of decisions.
- Work with the Director of External Affairs and other senior colleagues to agree priorities on internal and external engagements.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Education to at least degree level
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Significant experience of working as a personal assistant
- Experience of electronic diary management
- Experience of working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experience of providing an administrative support at a senior level
- Experience of dealing with colleagues at a senior level
- Experience of senior level meeting minute taking (desirable)
- Experience of committee management (desirable)
- Some experience in or knowledge of international development (desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage a complex work programme independently
- Self-motivated and resourceful with engaging personality and a can do attitude who is not afraid of working with some ambiguity on occasions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to successfully network, build relationships and collaborate with a range of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly and produce accurate, timely minutes.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Demonstration of the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without any loss of service level or professionalism.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- IT skills to a high standard (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience of intranet (SharePoint)
- Completer/finisher, able to see a task through to completion, thinking laterally and with initiative where required
- Ability to respond effectively to quickly changing circumstances and prioritising work loads
- Logical, methodical
- Professional with a good level of presence
- Effectively manage own time, resources and plans to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity
Positive attitude towards working flexibly, including being open to occasional out of hours working or working different hours if the ED is working in a different time zone.
Closing date: Sunday 24/03/2019
Test date: 28 & 29/03/2019
Interview date: Friday 01/04/2019
For more information, please download an application pack from here. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone: 020 7922 0394 or email email@example.com.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248