Senior Communications Officer (Events Lead)
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
We are looking for a Senior Communications Officer to deliver an influential series of events to increase the global impact of ODI’s research on poverty, economics and sustainability.
The Senior Communications Officer is responsible for the production and delivery of public events, roundtables and conferences to deadline, budget and high-quality thresholds. This includes:
- Working with researchers to develop and produce innovative event formats, programmes and materials to communicate expert research and analysis.
- Securing a diverse and engaging range of speakers, contributors and chairs, and brief them to produce compelling contributions and presentations
- Liaising with the Events Manager on upcoming plans and priorities to ensure that the events are coordinated with and complement ODI’s institutional events portfolio and strategy; supporting the delivery of key institutional events as required
- Assigning roles, responsibilities and tasks where necessary and liaising with colleagues in the Facilities and A/V teams to ensure the smooth running of each event.
- Seeking and securing speaking spots on key external platforms as well as identifying globally influential speakers
- Ensuring that events are supported and promoted online across ODI’s digital channels, as well as key external platforms.
- Monitoring the impact and uptake of events and implement any learnings.
The Senior Communications Officer role works flexibly across the department, in accordance with priorities agreed by departmental leadership, to deliver on a range of communications activities across digital, publications and public affairs.
You will have:
- Substantial experience in a comparable events post in a busy, fast-paced environment
- First-class track record in delivering influential communications, with demonstrable success in convening high-profile events in the UK and internationally
- Experience of securing influential and high-level panellists and participants
- Experience of working with international networks and partners
- Experience of wider communications responsibilities (publications, digital, public affairs, media)
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and project management skills (able to keep your eye on the big picture and yet retain a strong attention to detail)
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship-building skills including the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures
- Strong writing skills and ability to summarise research in clear, web-friendly language
- Good knowledge of social media, digital platforms and web content best practice
- Excellent IT and Microsoft Office skills
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience of organising events internationally and in challenging environments
- Experience in research communications
- Knowledge of and interest in international development issues.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Rebecca Sells firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please download an application pack here. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 8234 /0351 or email email@example.com.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer
Charity Reg. No.228248