Overall Purpose of Job
The Office Administrator will have responsibility for the day to day administration of a busy roofing company.
The Office Administrator will work closely with the General Manager, Contract Managers and Estimator to support the business in meeting its business objectives
- Process incoming and outgoing mail from general company email accounts
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls
- General office administrative duties as required, typing, data inputting, filing, post, ordering of stationery, workwear and other office supplies etc.
- Work with the General Manager, Contract Managers, Estimators, Repairs Administrator and Roofers to ensure that all training certification is up to date.
- Manage staff sickness and holiday processes
- Support HR with new starter forms
- Book and manage travel arrangements for off-site staff
- Manage petty cash on site
- Submit Purchase Order information to accounts
- Process roofer’s timesheets and input holiday requests onto HR Portal. Scan subcontractor’s invoices.
- Occasional banking duties
- Administer vehicle maintenance schedule, including services, collect weekly check sheets, maintain minimum equipment
- Work within Group and company processes and procedures
- To develop internal processes and procedures (in line with Group governance) to deliver more efficient ways of working
- To develop and manage business specific back office processes and procedures
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- All other general office administrative duties as required, typing, data inputting, filing, post, ordering of stationery etc.
- Support General Manager in administering CHAS, Constructionline and other H & S Compliance.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Experience of providing administrative support within a Roofing/Construction company would be advantageous
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Cash handling experience
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures would be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software