Food and Beverage Supervisor
At the Athenaeum Hotel and Residences, the celebrated ‘friendly five star’ hotel in the heart of Mayfair, our fantastic staff receive as much respect and support as our discerning guests.
From afternoon tea (voted Best in London), to our discreet whisky bar and newly refurbished restaurant under the guidance of Chris and Jeff Galvin we cater to every taste – informally, in style.
As a Food and Beverage Supervisor in our Food and Beverage department you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and faults are followed up to maintain the physical product.
- Responsible for ensuring the ordering of equipment and food & beverages is completed as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food & beverage safety and quality is maintained.
- To understand and monitor all costs within the department including staff costs, and increase revenue where possible, whilst handling all monies in line with company procedures.
- To train and monitor allocated staff to maintain standards and consistency of delivery as directed within the law.
- To liaise with all relevant contacts both internal and external and using information available; plan the preparation of future shifts, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- To take appropriate action and co-operate with your team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business/staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department. To ensure any Guest requests and complaints are handled effectively and any outside your area of expertise are raised immediately to the appropriate level.
The essential requirements for this position are:
- GCSE Level D (or equivalent) written and spoken English
- A flexible attitude
- Demonstrable leadership & organisational skills
- Previous food and beverage experience in similar operation
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
The Food and Beverage Supervisor will work with a dedicated and passionate Food and Beverage team and will report directly to the Food and Beverage Manager. You will be passionate about your work and have the desire to progress your career in a leading five star hotel.
Benefits on offer include:
- Season Ticket Loans*
- Dental Insurance*
- Company Sick Pay*
- Plus a meal on duty
- Free uniform
- Dry cleaning for Uniform wearers
- Discount in Hotel Restaurants
- Discounted Hotel stays and much more
If you feel that this role is for you, please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.