The Greenkeeping team here at The Grove are looking for an experienced Irrigation Technician to assist the Golf Course and Estate Manager in overseeing the management and maintenance of all our irrigation and drainage systems. This includes being responsible for the maintenance, repairs, installation and operation of the entire Golf Course, Football Pitch, Gardens and Grounds Irrigation and drainage Systems.
- To liaise with the Golf Course and Estate Manager, Head Greenkeeper, Deputy Head Greenkeeper and Head Gardener to discuss, implement and monitor irrigation applications to the Golf Course, Gardens and Estate Grounds.
- To inspect, audit, adjust and repair the systems to ensure they perform at maximum efficiency and conserve water.
- To be responsible for the efficient and effective application of all water resources and Irrigation programmes.
- To maintain the golf course drainage systems to ensure the highest level of turf quality and presentation.
- To monitor and test old and new irrigation installations, troubleshoot and repair problems, observe pipe and valve placements and evaluate start-ups, winterization and overall operation of the irrigation system.
- To carry out water feature troubleshooting along with cleaning, maintenance and repair duties; review low voltage lighting system maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- To perform minor hardscape installations and repair, periodic property maintenance.
- To proficiently and safely use power and manually operated tools and equipment to perform irrigation installation and maintenance.
- To conduct and record detailed inspections and plan/execute upgrades as necessary to the irrigation and drainage systems.
- To maintain and care for company equipment, tools and vehicles; maintain a clean job site, orderly and stocked parts and supplies.
- To maintain accurate records of daily irrigation practices, ET, weather etc.
- To keep up to date with the latest developments in Golf Course maintenance and management, irrigation system and water management.
- To assist with the relevant irrigation system training and development for all team members as directed by the Golf Course and Estate Manager.
- To represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified Irrigation Engineer with proven knowledge of the maintenance, installation and management of irrigation and drainage systems
- Essential knowledge and have recent prior experience with trenchers, excavators, multi-meters, wire locators, ditchers and pipe sizing
- Previous experience with testing of backflow systems required
- Must be self-motivated, possess strong leadership skills, and be professional in appearance and actions
- Must be detail oriented, possess critical thinking skills and is quality results driven
- Must be well organised with strong communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong project management experience organising and managing all maintenance schedules
- Must have the ability to be proactive, plan ahead and problem solve to minimise disruption, errors, risks and keep maintenance schedules on-task, within budget and on-time
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must take ownership of work and own the responsibilities of making sure things are done accurately and to the complete satisfaction of the Golf Course and Estate manager
- Must have a strong understanding and experience reading and interpreting landscape and irrigation plan specifications, technical procedures and processes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, adaptable to changing priorities and without supervision
- Ability to work overtime and at weekends
- Previous experience in Golf Course Management in a senior position or in a position with greater responsibility
- Certificate or training in maintaining irrigation systems
- Knowledge of fine turf grass maintenance practices including sand construction greens