Location: The Grove
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £20,500 per annum plus hotel benefits
Specific Hours: n/a
Set in 300 acres of country estate the potential for activities at The Grove is very diverse. We are looking for someone who has experience of assisting with the organisation and delivery of events and an arranging an activities programme for corporate guests and leisure guests alike, working indoors (if the Great British weather is not on our side) but with a large proportion of the role outdoors.
Our outdoor space ranges from woodland trails – enthusiasm for leading Segway tours and bike rides is a must – to fun and games in our Walled Garden, think Laser Clay shooting and Archery!
You'll be proactive, self-motivated and a great communicator who can work alone but also across departments, and is able to draw the guest interest out and adapt activities to suit their requirements You will deputise for the Activities Manager when they are not in the business.
Naturally our busiest family times are weekends and during school holidays so flexibility to work during these times is essential. The role is a full time (40 hours per week) permanent position and hours are to suit the needs of the business.
Please see below for the specific details of the job description:
1. Deputises in the absence of the Resort Activities Manager
2. Sets up, prepare, and carry out high quality camp programs, monthly special events, themed activities and school holiday events and activiti
3. Assists the resort activities manager with training, planning, assigning and directing work
4. Follow all operating standards as directed by the Resort Activities Manager, ensuring all Guest Needs are met to the required standard
5. To effectively handle all email and telephone enquiries for activities bookings in timely and professional manner.
6. To follow correct bike rental procedure at all times, ensuring all pre ride checks are completed and any issues are reported.
7. Regularly required to lift and move activities equipment weighing 25 – 50 pounds such and Bikes and Segway’s.
8. To deliver five star Safety briefings and Experiences to guests ensuring safety measures are followed at all times.
9. Feedback guest comments to manager so that they can deals with any concerns swiftly and in the appropriate manner or review for future programmes.
10. Ensure proper care of program and special event equipment, keep storage area neat, clean, and all in safe working order.
11. Review equipment par stocks levels and report items needed for re stock to continue implementation of various programs
12. To ensure all maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and faults are followed up to maintain the physical product.
13. To liaise with all key internal operating departments on the day to ensure smooth running of each event/activity
14. To take appropriate action and co-operate with team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business/ staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
15. To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Food Hygiene Regulations
16. To ensure all Guests and their belongings are treated with respect at all times and all guests are offered a friendly professional 5 star service.
17. To support the Activities Manager, with any other operational or administration requested.
GCSE Level C (or equivalent) written and spoken English
A flexible attitude
Demonstrable organisational skills
Basic knowledge of Microsoft office and excel
Previous similar experience of working with and managing activities for young people
Previous supervisory experience
Previous experience in guest facing positions