Back of House Assistant Manager
The Back of House team are looking for an Assistant Manager to take responsibility for the running of the department in the absence of the Manager
- Ensuring all maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and faults are followed up in a timely manner to maintain the physical product.
- Responsible for checking that the ordering of operational equipment is completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the monitoring of all costs within the department including staff costs in line with the budget and to increase profit where possible.
- To recruit, train, monitor, discipline and carry out timely EARs for allocated staff to maintain standards and consistency of delivery as directed within the law and engage staff in the departmental objective process ensuring guest satisfaction
- Using information available, plan and control both the preparation of future shifts and effective communication to the team, and other relevant departments, to ensure standards are met
- To take appropriate action and co-operate with your team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business/staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- To ensure any Guest requests and complaints are handled effectively and any outside your area of expertise are raised immediately to the appropriate level
- To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Food Hygiene Regulations and Weights and Measures legislation.
- To deputise in the absence of the Back of house and logistics manager.
- To complete stock takes in a timely and effective manner ensuring accuracy at all times, investigate and explain discrepancies
Good administration and organisation skills
Previous experience of stock control
Strong organisational style
Good use of initiative
Problem solving skills
Basic food hygiene
Experience in multi outlet operations