Bar Manager - Meeting & Event Operations
Guests visit The Grove, Hertfordshire’s spectacular 5 star hotel resort, for a real breath of fresh air. Central London quality – and benefits - without the hassle. From sheer indulgence to all sorts of outdoor activity across the 300-acre estate, our world-class, award-winning Sequoia Spa and Health Club soothes and stimulates, revitalises and inspires. To continue exceeding our guests’ expectations, we need to rely on, and develop, every member of the team.
From weddings and large events on our 300-acre estate to urban beach barbecues in the Walled Garden and private dining in historic splendour, we offer an imaginative range of banqueting experiences. To continue exceeding our guests’ expectations, we need to rely on, and develop, every member of the team.
We are looking for a Bar Manager to manage the beverage requirements of the Meeting and Events team.
- To order all beverage stock in advance in accordance with the event sheet requirements and amendments each week. To ensure all events have the necessary beverages required to successfully run the event.
- To manage all meeting and events bars for all drinks receptions and after dinner bars. This will include ensuring that clean and polished glassware in the correct quantities are available for the service and bar team to use.
- To manage the full dispense bar operation throughout the meeting and events team.
- To take responsibility with the Events Director in ensuring the meeting and events wine and beverage listings are up to date, showing the appropriate pricing, vintages and the correct choice of wines and drinks for the events that we manage.
- To ensure all agreed par stocks are adhered to across the department, both in the dispense bar store areas and on the bars themselves.
- To order beverages as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures as laid out in the H&S manual, so that food & beverage safety and quality is maintained.
- To maintain meeting and events budgeted beverage cost at the agreed percentage rate and to understand all associated costs within the department.
- To ensure all internal requisitions are done in a timely manner and within the agreed hours of operation of the stores.
- To ensure all events which have beverage requirements are correctly charged in a timely manner.
- To recruit, train and manage all staff which work in the bars and to maintain a standard of consistency of delivery as directed within the law. To also complete the weekly rota for the bar team, keeping to the agreed staffing ratios and associated labour costs.
- To advise of any faults, ensuring maintenance dockets are filled in correctly and faults are followed up to maintain the physical product.
- To ensure all bar areas and beverage store areas under your control are always clean and tidy.
- To liaise with all relevant contacts both internal and external and using information available; plan the preparation and execution of events, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction
- To take appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Food Hygiene Regulations
- To carry out any reasonable requests by management.
GCSE Level D (or equivalent) written and spoken English
A flexible attitude
Previous beverage experience
Demonstrable leadership & organisational skills
Train the Trainer Certificate
Previous experience in an M&E environment
Previous experience of POS Systems
Previous stock control and cellar management experience
Wine knowledge (WSET or similar qualification)
BII Personal License
Company benefits include:
Use of leisure facilities including gym and swimming pool
One free meal whilst on duty in the staff canteen
Staff shuttle bus to Watford town centre and train station (£1 per journey)
Generous discount for you and your family/friends on food and beverage, room rate, golf and spa treatments
Annual overnight loyalty stays
Holiday entitlement which increases after 2 years’ service
Subsidised staff accommodation if required
Excellent training and development opportunities from a gold standard Investor in People
Discounts with high street retailers through our Benefits App