Junior Head Waiter
At the Athenaeum Hotel and Residences, the celebrated ‘friendly five star’ hotel in the heart of Mayfair, our fantastic staff receive as much respect and support as our discerning guests.
From afternoon tea (voted Best in London), to our discreet whisky bar and newly refurbished restaurant under the guidance of Chris and Jeff Galvin we cater to every taste – informally, in style.
As a Junior Head Waiter you will be responsible for managing the delivery of all aspects of guest service
Key Accountabilities for a Junior Head Waiter:
- To order food & beverages as required and ensure that stock is rotated, labelled and stored in compliance with procedures laid out in the H&S manual, so that food & beverage safety and quality is maintained.
- To understand all costs within your department and increase revenue where possible, whilst handling all monies in line with company procedures
- To train and monitor allocated staff to maintain standards and consistency of delivery as directed within the law.
- To take appropriate action and co-operate with your team colleagues to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business/staffing levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- To ensure any Guest request, outside your area of expertise, is raised immediately to the appropriate level
Essential Skills for a Junior Head Waiter:
- Fluent conversational and basic written English Language
- A flexible attitude
- Previous food and beverage experience in similar operation
- Demonstrable leadership & organisational skills
Benefits on offer include:
- Season Ticket Loans*
- Dental Insurance*
- Company Sick Pay*
- A meal on duty
- Discount in Hotel Restaurants
- Discounted hotel stays and much more.
If you feel that a Junior Head Waiter role is for you, please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.