Group Marketing Manager
At Ralph Trustees, we’re a small family with a big personality, where people and success matter. We have three unique hotels - The Grove in Hertfordshire, The Athenaeum in Mayfair and The Runnymede on Thames near Windsor, and whilst they each embody their own distinct personalities, we welcome yours too.
You’ll be based at The Grove in Hertfordshire with travel to our other properties as required.
Let's tell you about the job...
- Creating and overseeing the execution of the marketing plan for each hotel in conjunction with key internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Allocating resources in an efficient manner and reviewing performance of all marketing activity in support of revenue generation.
- Maintaining and developing brand integrity both within the marketing team and across the three hotels.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning & Reporting
- To be responsible for the marketing budget at each of the three hotels, monitoring ROI.
- To create marketing plans for each of the hotels, in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager, around a template that minimises duplication, securing best value for the group.
- To liaise with key internal stakeholders regarding activations, content and communications to ensure that marketing activity supports the commercial objectives of each hotel.
- To allocate resources in a considered manner, supporting each member of the marketing team to ensure that their time is used efficiently.
- To generate a range of marketing reports to review the return on marketing spend across all activities.
- To monitor trends and competitor activity to inform discussions with key stakeholders about opportunities in terms of potential markets or product developments to improve future revenue.
Third Party Relationships
- To manage agency relationships and any freelance activity necessary, writing clear briefs for all activity undertaken, and analysing return on investment.
- To nurture existing partnerships and explore new opportunities with congruent brand partners.
- To maintain relationships with key third parties or directories, ensuring that the marketing team is updating content seasonally.
Digital, Social Media & Email
- To support the Digital Marketing Manager and CRM Manager to ensure that all website, SEO, PPC and social media activity is relevant, on brand and developed in line with commercial objectives.
Communication - Internal, External & PR
- To maintain effective internal communications with all stakeholders within hotels to secure support for all marketing activity.
- To manage the PR agencies, ensuring that objectives are set and relevant coverage secured.
Design, Print & Imagery
- To work with the in-house Designer, ensuring that all marketing collateral is on-brand and fit for purpose, whilst identifying any gaps in the existing collateral that could help to achieve business objectives.
- To liaise with the procurement team to make sure that all print work is delivered on time and to specification.
- To work together with the Marketing Executive to maintain the image and video library, identifying gaps.
- To brief the in-house Marketing Executive or external creative agencies for any project work, directing photoshoots where necessary
- A relevant degree and/or recognised marketing qualification
- Previous experience of successfully managing marketing activities for a B2C organisation, ideally within the hospitality sector
- Proven track record of managing marketing budgets
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of statistical analysis methods, which should include Google Analytics
- Thorough understanding of digital technologies and digital marketing techniques including PPC methods, such as Google search and display
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with previous demonstrable experience of writing and reviewing copy
- Knowledge of email best practice and awareness of general data security requirements
- Ability to self-start and manage setting priorities
- Positive, output oriented attitude and desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships at all levels, including with senior management and external agencies
- Ability to embrace, promote and drive change with confidence to try new ideas, make mistakes, and learn from them
- Previous experience in luxury hospitality marketing function
- Prior experience of using Wordpress
- An understanding of the Travelclick CRM system
If you’re an excellent marketing leader with both creative and analytical skills as well as experience managing a fast-paced B2C marketing team, we would love to hear from you!