As part of the recruitment process, we collect and process personal data about you.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation.
What data may be collected?
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
- Your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- Your current remuneration, including benefit entitlements
- Whether or not you have a disability for which the Company needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- Your right to work in the UK
- Any criminal convictions and offences
- Equal opportunities monitoring information (as permitted by the Data Protection Act 2018), including your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health, and religion or belief.
How is data obtained?
- Directly from you
- From an employment agency or background check provider
- From third parties, including former employers and credit reference agencies
Why does the Company process personal data?
For the purpose of making a decision about your recruitment or appointment, under the following bases:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you; e.g. determining the terms on which you will work for us
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation; e.g. checking you are legally entitled to work in the UK
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
Who has access to data?
- Members of the HR and recruitment team
- Interviewers involved in the recruitment process
- Managers with a vacancy
- Members of the IT team (if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles)
If your application is successful, we will share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal records checks.
How does the Company protect personal data?
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email). We will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
We take the security of your data seriously. Internal policies and controls are in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does the Company keep data?
For as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If your application is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment.
If your application is unsuccessful, the Company may keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com
What are my rights?
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What if I do not provide personal data?
We may not be able to process your application properly or at all. If your application is successful, it will be a condition of any job offer that you provide evidence of your right to work in the UK and satisfactory references.
You are under no obligation to provide information for equal opportunities monitoring purposes and there are no consequences for your application if you choose not to provide such information.
By submitting your application on-line you will be giving your consent to Retail Merchant Services to process your personal and sensitive personal data.