Our people make all the difference!
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Reporting to the Head of Performance Marketing, the Senior Performance Marketing Manager is responsible for managing PPC, biddable media and affiliates activity across UK and international territories. The Senior Performance Marketing Manager is responsible for the management + development of 7FTEs.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Develop, implement + manage the execution of a multi-channel paid acquisition strategy for the UK + international markets to achieve business goals across online, mobile and instore: ROI, CPA, traffic, sales, conversion, customer acquisition + frequency + customer return/profit both in the short and long term (LTV)
- Management of a multi-million pound UK + international marketing budget, ensuring spend delivery against core business KPIs
- Management + development of the acquisition team (7 FTEs) + external agencies/partners to deliver high quality results
- Assist the Head of Performance marketing with the overarching performance strategy for UK + international markets
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the merchandising and product teams to ensure acquisition channels are optimised and aligned with trading plans and customer acquisition plans for the different divisions and ranges
- Collaboratively working with the digital brand team, international marketing team and UK and international media agencies to plan + buy biddable media and be responsible for the effective measurement + analysis of brand digital media activity
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with key strategic partners (e.g. Google) to ensure we are at the forefront of innovation within the acquisition space and actively involved in testing and learning new techniques and market offerings
- Collaboratively working with the SEO team to drive an overarching search strategy and optimise our position and return within SERPS
- Development of a continuous test + learn approach to all acquisition channels to ensure they are fully optimised and driving the maximum return for the business
- Creation of the annual acquisition budgets for UK + international markets in collaboration with the Head of Performance Marketing to ensure that total business objectives will be hit: new customer acquisition, returning customer frequency, ROI, LTV, traffic and revenue
- Ownership of reporting + analysis on acquisition channel activity against KPI’s ensuring performance clearly communicated to key business stakeholders as relevant
- Use data + analysis to further decision making and present this data in a meaningful way to key stakeholders to help influence future activity initiatives
- Work collaboratively with the data insights team to interrogate measurement methodologies and establish the value of acquisition activity to the business both in regard to immediate customer return and customer life time value
- Work closely with the IT team to ensure key IT developments for the acquisition channels are quantified and prioritised within the scope of all marketing + ecommerce projects
- Identify key industry trends + innovations to deliver new + exciting customer acquisition plans
- Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations within the digital marketing landscape ensuring new opportunities are tested + scaled where appropriate
- Lead + mentor the acquisition team, providing ongoing support + coaching to support the personal development of the team
- Creation of career development plans for the acquisition team ensuring that opportunities for development are maximised
- Educate the wider business on the value of acquisition channels to overall business performance
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Track record of driving growth by managing + optimising acquisition channels, with a strong background in the B2C retail sector
- Strong knowledge of acquisition platforms and tools (Google AdWords and Bing Ads certified professional) + software (DCS, DBM)
- Effective management of multi-million pound media budgets with proven track record of delivering results on budget + on time
- Analytical approach – strong numerical and analytical skills (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, GA360)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate, mentor and develop others
- Experience of instigating and managing change projects to improve operational and budget efficiency, and driving growth
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise accordingly
- Effective management + building close relationships with external agencies/partners
- Excellent communication + presentation skills
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Company car
- Pension Scheme
- Perks at Work employee benefits
- Discounted on-site staff shop
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking