Content Marketing Executive
Who we are
We are the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain.
Our mission is to put pharmacy at the forefront of healthcare. Our vision is to be the world leader in the safe and effective use of medicines.
What we do
Since RPS was founded in 1841 we have championed the profession, and are internationally renowned publishers of medicines information.
We advocate for the profession of pharmacy putting them at the forefront of healthcare through influencing policy at a local, regional, national and international level.
We publish high quality standards, guidance and reference sources to support all healthcare professionals deliver the safest and most effective care for the people they serve.
We support our members to develop their skills and provide guidance and advice to help them progress through their professional career.
Together, we are pharmacy.
How we work
Our Behaviours guide the way we act:
Be inspiring: We inspire advances in pharmacy practice to deliver our Vision.
We work together as one team towards a common goal.
Be relevant: to each other’s needs and those of our members, the pharmacy profession and
Be empathetic: to the challenges our colleagues and members face.
To create and implement a content marketing strategy for Pharmaceutical Press brands to meet key objectives:
- Position our brands as thought leaders in their space
- Clearly articulate our value proposition by brand, by sector and for our business
- Attract audiences to our brands
- Engage audiences in our brands
- Move audiences along the buying decision journey
- Optimise usage of MedicinesComplete
- Increase propensity to renew/grow value of accounts
- Create and deliver a content marketing plan and calendar in partnership with marketing colleagues, aligned to the marketing strategy
- Produce content across multiple formats including text, audio, visual, infographic, slide deck etc. for use across multiple channels, including web, email, social, video and at events. Consider desktop, mobile and face to face delivery
- Produce content to educate audiences at each stage of the buying cycle and afterwards with onboarding, engagement and retention activity
- Ensure content produced is in line with brand guidelines and tone
- Keep up to date with the latest SEO best practice and impact of any algorithm changes, and ensure content is optimised for search
- Support marketing colleagues publish content as a part of an overall objectives-led campaign
- Understand the profile of our audience, their information needs and work-related challenges including those who make purchase decisions, intermediaries and those who use the products
- Understand how Pharmaceutical Press brands can solve user problems and support improved patient care
- Identify new content opportunities by staying up to date with the latest news/product launches (drug and medicines information solutions), by desk research, following conversations on social, being aware of notable dates related to the healthcare sector etc.
- In partnership with Sales, support customer product adoption by tracking and understanding usage of our products by individual customer accounts, and creating content to optimise usage/overcome issues
- Advise marketing colleagues on opportunities to create, promote content and amplify broadcast of content e.g. social posts
- Set KPIs, measure, evaluate and optimise content performance to meet campaign and strategic objectives
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time.
- Increased volume of marketing qualified leads
- Increase in product usage by account
- Increased visits and page views from relevant audiences to the MedicinesComplete marketing site and to branded social channels
- Optimised search engine rankings and improved visibility in search results
- Effectiveness of content to meet content and campaign objectives
- Value and impact of content demonstrated
Core responsibilities for this job
- Personal responsibility
- Collaborating with marketing, sales, product and editorial colleagues
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
- Sourcing and commissioning agencies where relevant