In a nutshell
At Sainsbury’s data is key to our decision making and our newly formed Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence shows our commitment to ensuring we realise the value that our data can generate and signficantly step on the vast opportunities this presents.
As a Digital Analyst you will be championing the use of web, mobile and app data to understand our digital propositions. You will be using Adobe analytics tools to produce analysis to support our Online & Digital teams to maximise conversion from our digital propositions as well as understand how customer adapt their shopping behaviour based on the changes we make.
The role will be a mixture of project-based work and day-to-day insight and analysis, the wider purpose of which is to give the business greater insight into its digital propositions and potential areas of improvement as well as facilitating data-based assessment of issues and initiatives.
What I need to do
- Use your expertise in Adobe Analytics to conduct analysis and User Experience (UX) research to identify issues and opportunities in the digital experience for Sainsbury’s digital propositions.
- Support the creation and prioritisation of the optimisation plan and development roadmap for Sainsbury’s Online and other digital propositions through the delivery of value added analysis.
- Present analysis, insight and provide recommendation to the ‘Heads of’ and Team Managers across the Online & Digital teams to help drive sales and work with them to deliver their data needs. Collaborating to provide analytic support to measure performance of efforts. Participate in the analysis of Multivariate and A/B testing, from sample size estimation to identifying success metrics, and post-test analysis.
- Work on multiple projects relating to Digital Analytics, working both independently and cross functionally with colleagues from across Online, Marketing and the Digital & Technology division
- Show a genuine interest in new technologies and tools for analytical purposes, trying out new tools and approaches through hackathons, data drives and POCs
How I will succeed
- Deliver accurate and timely data and analysis that is easy to interpret and understand
- New requirements for analysis are agreed clearly, and are delivered according to (managed) expectations
- Propose and recommend the approach that should be taken to fulfil digital analytics projects and requests
- A high level of team contribution – looking for opportunities to provide input and support across the team
- Promote the use of DACE tools and products across the teams that you support
What I need to know
- High calibre graduates (2.1 or above) in mathematics, statistics, operational research or quality computing degree – BSc or MSc level or equivalent. A-level Mathematics is essential.
- Good analytical skills with a proven track record of relating data and analytics to real-world business problems
- Strong knowledge of digital analytics software such as Adobe Analytics (must), Google Analytics (good to have). Knowledge of SQL, SAS, R or Python would be an advantage. Knowledge and proven understanding of website and app tagging and ability to verify accuracy of analytics tagging implementation
- Experience of A/B testing methodology and statistical analysis
- Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting data into action driving insight and recommendations
- Ability to work in an agile environment, manage multiple priorities and adapt to change in priorities
What I need to show
- Over and above what you need to know, you will need to show:
- Logical approach to problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
- Confident in questioning a proposed strategy or approach to analysis and in offering ideas and solutions. Accountable for deciding and applying the most appropriate techniques to answer questions in a statistically robust manner.
- Proactive attitude that embraces change in a fast moving environment – a desire and ability to develop and progress
- Knowledge of, or an interest in retail
Resources available to me
- A wholly engaged business with no shortage of appetite for analytics and insights to help them be more successful
- Training as required
What decisions I can make
- Contribute to the analytically approaches applied to digital propositions through providing greater insight into performance and potential areas of improvement