Digital Analytics Lead
In a nutshell
At Sainsbury’s data is key to our decision making and our newly formed Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence shows our commitment to ensuring we realise the value that our data can generate and significantly step on the vast opportunities this presents.
As the Digital Analysis Lead you will be responsible for leading a small team of analysts to deliver high quality analysis and insight into our customer’s digital experience, always seeking to add the ‘so what’ to data in response to business questions. The individual will interact with colleagues across the omnichannel and digital & technology divisions to inform decisions ultimately driving an improved shopping experience across digital devices to our customers through facilitating data-based assessment of experiments, tests and initiatives as well as exploiting our click stream data to support the understanding of current performance
What I need to do
- Lead a team to provide the analytical expertise in regard to digital analytics and click stream data in order to optimise our customer’s digital experience across Sainsbury’s propositions
- Develop recommendations as to how digital propositions should be adjusted to drive improved performance
- Help to nurture an environment where data and insight are essential to the decision making process: from conception through implementation, onto iteration and optimisation, analytics will drive product decisions and inform prioritisation.
- Collaborate with the product teams to develop innovative ideas and concepts, identifying both game-changing opportunities and incremental improvements, ensuring insight generated through analytics and user research is at the core of every decision.
- Manage an analytics programme to support the delivery of A/B and MV tests that realise value for the business
- Contribute to the prioritisation process for product design through the delivery of data-led insight
- Support and actively promote the reporting, tools and data developed by the wider Data and Analytics Centre of Excellence in day to day business activity
How I will succeed
- Deliver accurate, timely and insightful analysis into customer journeys and key customer purchasing drivers, providing the business with recommendation for UX and functional improvements.
- Use analysis of A/B and MV testing to provide data driven recommendations for new features, content and journeys
- Convey complex analysis into action driving insight, always communicating in a way that meets the need of end users
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of analysts and junior analysts to reach their full potential
- Champion digital analytics and become the go-to knowledge bank for understanding digital metrics, earning a reputation for adding value to the teams you support and influencing colleagues so that they buy into data driven recommendations
- Demonstrate a high level of team contribution – becoming known to the wider community as pro active and commercially collaborative yet with strength and confidence to challenge frequently as needed
- Create and deliver roadmap for Digital Analytics
What I need to know
- High calibre graduates (2.1 or above) in mathematics, statistics, operational research or quality computing degree – BSc or MSc level. A-level Mathematics is essential.
- Knowledge and extensive experience of analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (must), Google Analytics (good to have) and in-page analytics tool Clicktale.
- A detailed understanding of how to apply digital analytical tool sets to solve business problems and deliver ROI (e.g. behavioural targeting, A/B, MVT)
- Significant track record of analysing digital channel performance and optimising digital experiences within a large consume retail business.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to analyse, present and communicate digital metrics in a compelling format to drive action
- Good e-commerce understanding with knowledge of online sales and marketing and a good understanding of digital user experience creation, usability and digital technologies
- An understanding of how to coach & upskill colleagues in the digital analytics techniques that can be applied to click stream data.
- How to get the best out of analytically minded colleagues so they feel engaged & valued
What I need to show
Over and above what you need to know, you will need to show:
- Logical approach to problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of winning the hearts and minds of non-technical audiences with complex findings and recommendations that impact their day to day workload.
- Extensive experience of working with large volumes of data, applying digital analytics tool sets such as Adobe Omniture.
- A very good understanding of digital analytics capabilities / future developments; ability to look to new tools, approaches and data to answer questions
- Experience of visualising data in a compelling format. Advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint or alternative software
- Confident in questioning a proposed strategy or approach to analysis and in offering ideas and solutions
- Proactive attitude that embraces change in a fast moving environment – a desire and ability to develop and progress
- Knowledge of, or an interest in retail
Resources available to me
- Adobe Analytics enterprise suite and Maxymiser testing platform
- A team of digital analysts
- A wholly engaged business with no shortage of appetite for analytics and insights to help them be more successful
- Training as required
What decisions I can make
- Contribute to future direction of digital propositions business area through providing greater insight into their performance and potential areas of improvement
- Contribute to selection of digital analytics tool
- Team recruitment and development
- Prioritisation of team’s work