Compliance and Conduct Risk Manager (Policy and Advice)
Competitive salary depending on knowledge skills & experience, as well as bonus, benefits and a great working environment
Do you have a strong understanding of the regulatory requirements that apply to a retail bank? Do you have a strong track record of working in Risk?
If so, we’d love you to join our team!
In this role you’ll be supporting the Head of Policy and Advice in managing, developing and delivering the compliance and conduct risk management framework ensuring it meets the standards required of the Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework.
- Ensuring the Compliance and Conduct Risk Policy and wider Framework is aligned with Enterprise Risk Management Policy Standards
- Providing advice and guidance to the business on the application of the Policy to their business areas including core processes such as the management of risk events and risk registers
- Reviewing and challenging business proposals presented to Committees for decisions to ensure that there has been adequate consideration of the regulatory requirements and evidence of appropriate actions to ensure delivery of fair customer outcomes
- Providing compliance and conduct advice on queries and projects
- Identifying external regulatory change, conducting an impact assessment and communicating the change to key business stakeholders
- Working with the Head of Compliance Governance, ensuring appropriate elements of the Compliance and Conduct Risk Policy are included in the overall assurance plan to test Policy embedding and be confident in making recommendations of any action required
- Supporting the Head of Policy and Advice in defining the Bank’s Compliance and Conduct Risk Appetite (as per Board instruction) and ensure risk governance, the supporting framework and the Bank culture (e.g: the colleague performance management and incentivisation programme) reinforce and deliver the agreed risk appetite
- Contributing to relevant Compliance and Conduct Risk reporting to the Board, BRC and the Regulatory Compliance Committee ensuring accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Supporting the Head of Policy and Advice in ensuring a quality and timely response to any FCA information requests.
- Detailed and broad understanding of the regulatory requirements that apply to a retail bank (Knowledge of the prudential rules is not essential)
- Understanding of the FCA’s conduct risk agenda and as such be able to confidently review and challenge business proposals considering the customer impact
- A strong track record of working in Risk, ideally with experience of interaction with the regulator
- The ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Strong numeracy skills, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Customer focused
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- Strong relationship management skills
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.