IT Analyst - CIO
Basic salary £33k - £45k dependent on knowledge skills & experience + competitive benefits and a great working environment.
This role is required to undertake detailed IT requirements gathering and analysis for a small project or workstream. Typical IT analysis activity includes; translating business requirements into functional and non-functional system requirements, and facilitating technical workshops with key suppliers to translate these into technical design and associated test and implementation plans. Typical projects worked on would be Digital, Data, Regulatory & Mandatory Change, Insurance & mortgages.
- IT Requirements Development: facilitates business need workshops to analyse, define and prioritise IT requirements, challenging thinking and agreeing outcomes to ensure robust functional and non-functional requirements development and approval.
- IT Requirements Management: Defines and manages the documentation of IT requirements (including requirements catalogues and traceability matrices).
- Solution Assessment & Validation: Understands and articulates the effect of proposed IT solutions, creating accurate and detailed system flows and customer journeys.
- Structure Approach: Defines IT analysis approach, applies project best practice throughout the life cycle with supporting documentation and tools, promoting equivalent behaviour across the team.
- System Triage: investigates system defects against approved design and facilitates resolution on behalf of Testing.
- Implementation: documents and performs IT schedule of events (SOE) in support of project implementation.
- Knowledge Sharing: works closely with service introduction on new system changes to production, providing knowledge articles and lessons learned during testing and implementation.
- Stakeholder Management: Engages a variety of stakeholders across business/product areas, IT and relevant suppliers.
- People & Self Development: Builds and maintains effective working and influencing relationship with appropriate colleagues to share knowledge and best practice. Takes responsibility for self development and that of any direct reports, actively seeking and providing feedback and responding accordingly.
- Risk: Owns resolution of system analysis issues, identifying and managing mitigating actions against design risks as directed by the Senior IT Analyst.
- Group Values: Demonstrates Sainsbury’s Bank values and behaviour and encourages this in team members.
What You’ll bring:
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A background of working in large enterprise environments
- Experience or managing 3rd party suppliers
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Customer focused
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written communication – business and project reports
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
- Experience in the financial services industry would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on a migration or integration programmes.
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards, mortgages and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.