Assistant Commercial Manager (Savings)
Do you have experience in an analytical and commercial role within the financial services industry? Do you have experience of product strategy, design and pricing?
If so, we’d love you to join our team!
In this role you’ll be assisting in the commercial management of Savings products and processes including product strategy, product design, product & pricing changes, sales delivery and customer journey, optimising value creation and retention, whist managing relationships with key business partners (predominantly marketing, operations and business change).
- Collaborating with key stakeholders on overall Savings strategy, product management and delivery; ensure buy-in from key business areas and committees (e.g. PPC)
- Collaborating with all relevant parties on product development and design
- Delivering sales and balance targets by collaborating with Marketing team and other stakeholders to develop and enhance effective propositions and campaigns.
- Monitoring regulatory, market and competitor activity to understand and predict future trends using externally provided macroeconomic data as a key input
- Collaborating with Savings team, Customer Operations and Risk to ensure appropriate horizon scanning undertaken and impacts reflected in on-going product and strategy discussions
- Supporting and driving the optimisation trading, P&L and customer experience through positively challenging and influencing key stakeholders (including Pricing, Product, Risk, Marketing, Operations and Distribution) via monitoring SB performance with appropriate MI /analysis
- Working with IT, change & marketing functions to ensure smooth delivery & high quality customer outcomes
- Contributing to approval papers for Product, Customer and Risk Committees as required and contribute to Strategy Papers
- Collaborating with business change to ensure Savings platform is optimised and to deliver mandatory / commercial change. Collaborate with key business areas to ensure change delivery is aligned and optimised.
- A degree education in a business related or numerical discipline or equivalent experience
- Commercial focus and awareness
- Previous banking experience in a commercial role (advantageous)
- SAS/SQL (advantageous)
- Excellent organisational /project management skills
- Stakeholder management and relationship building skills – at all levels
- Good communication skills – written and oral
- Previous experience of product governance, compliance and/or change management within financial services is desirable
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.