Basic salary 40k- 55k commensurate with knowledge skills & experience + car allowance, competitive benefits and a great working environment.
Sainsbury’s Bank have fantastic opportunities for three Agile Developers to be inaugural members of first team in the new IT development area. You’ll be part of a brand new team that is creating new apps and services for Sainsbury’s Bank customers. You’ll help to define and establish a continuous delivery approach on a new cloud development platform. You will be working closely with other members of the new agile community with the Bank, including the Scrum Master, Solution Architects and DevOps Engineers, to create an applications ecosystem spanning multiple platforms and technologies that is testable, safe, reliable, fast and great for other developers to work with.
Principle Accountabilities/What You’ll do:
- Define and evolve new application standards ensuring testability and ease of support and future change
- Develop applications that can ‘test themselves’ with automation created via practices like TDD and BDD
- Work collaboratively and be an active contributor to continuous improvement within the team, providing open and helpful feedback
- Take the lead in software design, collaborating with Solutions Architects to ensure that solutions delivered help achieve the Bank’s business and IT strategy
- Collaborate with DevOps Engineers to design, implement and evolve an automated CI/CD pipeline in the cloud, with both pipelines and infrastructure as code (with their own tests).
What You’ll bring:
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of digital technologies and knowledge of when it is appropriate to use them, with particular focus on service based integration, web and mobile
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment, using methodogies such as Scrum
- Advanced understanding and experience in Java and designing testable software
- Advanced understanding and experience of automated testing (including mocking and behavioural testing), continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Advanced understanding and experience of service oriented architecture, as well as the benefits of microservices
- Good understanding and experience of integrating with a range of SQL and noSQL database technologies
- Advanced understanding and experience of using supporting tools within a development environment such as JIRA, Confluence and git
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure and services, preferably with a good understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Experience of API design and specification using OpenAPI, Swagger or RAML
- Experience of iOS and / or Android development
- Advanced understanding and experience of Object Oriented programming and its advantages and disadvantages in large scale applications
- Experience of relational and non-relational databases and when to use them
- Good understanding and experience of developing for multiple devices including desktop PC, tablet and mobile using responsive designs and techniques
- Good understanding and experience administrating Linux servers, configuration of traffic routing, web servers (apache, nginx, etc) and other DevOps type responsibilities
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards, mortgages and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.