Cloud Analysis Lead
Sainsbury’s, one of the UK’s largest retailers is investing heavily in digital innovation - its aim being to build a centre of excellence where digital output is crafted using industry leading best practice frameworks and methodologies to produce the world class apps and services. The team is growing rapidly and looking for talented colleagues to help deliver ambitious and market leading services that live up to Sainsbury’s industry leading reputation.
We are looking for a Cloud Analysis Lead to join our Cloud Competency Centre within Development responsible for the management of a team performing reporting and data analysis around cloud infrastructure including Billing, SLA, Utilisation, Demand & Capacity management. You will be responsible for identifying trends and pro-actively working with stakeholders to enable appropriate responses to be identified.
As a Cloud Analysis Lead you will:
- Be responsible for delivery of cloud service management services to Sainsbury’s
- Be responsible for defining and owning operational processes. Ensure that these are “fit for purpose” to be used by finance and senior stakeholders.
- Be responsible for controlling billing from internal and third party suppliers and establishing cross-charging processes to internal products.
- Collate, maintain and report against SLAs for the Cloud Infrastructure Services team.
- Establish and maintain utilisation, demand & capacity management processes.
- Monitor billing, SLA, utilisation, demand & capacity data and identify trends, establish mechanisms to identify appropriate responses and ensure identified actions are correctly owned.
- Follow through on actions, to ensure that the perceived benefits are realised.
- Leads a team of Cloud Analysts to complete service management activities to time, cost and quality.
- Line manage a team of up to 5 Cloud Analysts in line with Sainsbury’s practices.
- Work with the Cloud Competency Centre team to identify savings opportunities with cloud suppliers.
- Collaborate with D&T Service Delivery Assurance team to ensure processes and activities are aligned and conform with Sainsbury’s standards.
To be a successful Cloud Analysis Lead you will need to have:
- A degree level, or equivalent industry or technical qualification in IT or similar discipline.
- Maintained an up-to-date understanding of Cloud technology base and a general understanding of other technology bases.
- Kept abreast with developments in the IT industry, in particular around Cloud providers.
- Experience and proven track record at reporting to leadership within a large Service Operations function.
- The ability to design processes suited to a sophisticated IT operation.
- The ability to influence technical resources/3rd party resources.
- A proactive approach to taking responsibility, owning any issues arising and following through to resolve them (get the required result) and recognises how individual responsibility impacts team delivery and inspires others to do the same.
- A collaborative working style to work with a range of people to support the wider business agenda.
- Experience creating information radiators or dashboards to enable up to date status information to be immediately available.