Sainsbury’s Bank is in the enviable position of having access to a rich retail dataset, shopping data from millions of Sainsbury’s customers. At this level of granularity the dataset is essentially untapped, and utilising it is a key pillar of the Bank’s strategy.
This role is to join a small team exploring and analysing the Sainsbury’s shopper data to unlock value across a number of business areas. The projects you work on will lead to the development of critical new systems and approaches, turning your ideas into real life solutions that create a great customer experience.
- An active contributor to the team work plan, based on your experience and work on the dataset, helping formulate the right questions for exploration
- Proactively exploring a large dataset to discover previously unidentified insights and correlations, and then rigorously document these findings
- Building models that substantially improve current business operations
- Owning the performance and maintenance of your models in production
- Demonstrating the Sainsbury’s Bank values and behaviours
- Ensuring all documentation is up to date and proportionate to business requirements
- Delivering ad hoc analytical projects and / or research as required
- Supporting the development of new data systems and processes and ensure these are utilised effectively within the team, identifying continual areas of improvement.
- A PhD (preferably) or MSc in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or a similarly quantitative field
- Experience of building models, ideally on large and sparse datasets. An understanding and use of state of the art dimension reduction techniques would be particularly useful
- Experience with a range of analytical tools, preferably including at least one of Python, R
- Experience with distributed data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark (beneficial not a must have)
- A good understanding of, and experience with, a range of statistical learning techniques
- An enquiring and curious mind, backed by scientific rigour – success in this role will be a result of identifying the right, detailed questions to ask, and fully understanding and documenting the answers, as opposed to mindlessly following a pre-defined process
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.