Test Analyst - CIO
CIO - Edinburgh
Do you have experience of analysis of requirements, designing test cases and scripts, test execution, raising defects and production of user guides as required? If yes, we’d love you to join our team!
Summary of the Role’s Main Purpose:
Deliver test preparation and test execution activities for defined piece of work. May manage testing for a small project under supervision. Typical test activities include analysis of requirements, designing test cases and scripts, test execution, raising defects and production of user guides as required.
Business Context and Knowledge
- Works with business and IT to understand the requirements and design ensuring that the system solution fully meets business requirements
- Uses own knowledge of business to form recommendations
- Analysis & Design
- Validates the requirements
- Ability to create and maintain basic test plans, test scripts, schedules and test completion reports
- Estimation & Planning
- Ability to create and maintain basic test plans
- Ability to estimate time required for test preparation and execution
- Identifies test data and high level environment requirements
- Undertakes UAT to ensure that the defined business requirements are fully tested prior to go live. This may include the testing of new/ revised processes.
- Ensures that UAT for allocated projects is completed within agreed timescales and to a high level of quality with no critical or high defects minimising the impact to BAU/Live.
- Raises incidents during execution and suggests appropriate actions. Assists with management and tracking of defects through to closure.
Communication & Reporting
- Effectively communicates with peers and project team to refine requirements and resolve issues.
- Ensures effective coordination and communication of test deliverables.
- Provides regular progress reports, highlighting all outstanding defects and providing recommendations to help resolve issues that may compromise the completion and sign off of business testing.
- Develops and maintains effective working relations with colleagues in a business area, proactively answering queries on testing and following up actions with stakeholders.
People & Self Development
- Takes responsibility for self-development.
- Seeks and provides feedback and responds accordingly.
- Develops self through the ISTQB Test Analyst advanced route.
- Identifies risks and issues taking appropriate steps to mitigate and escalates as necessary.
- Role models the Sainsbury’s Bank group values and behaviours and models those across the testing community
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge of groups change principles
- Strong financial services background
- SME in field of testing, foundation – advanced level qualified
- Has strong attention to detail
- Champions collaborative working
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards mortgages and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.