Commercial Manager – Product & Proposition
Do you have experience of delivering improvements to a P&L? A passion for exploring new ideas?
If so, we’d love you to join our team!
In this role you’ll develop and manage the product and proposition improvement activity in our Travel Money function, playing a critical role in driving commercial improvements to our business. You’ll implement deliverables spanning from in-store activities through to propositional developments and drive forward the profitability of the Travel Money business. You’ll work collaboratively both across the bank and with our third party suppliers to identify and implement opportunities for increased acquisition levels. You’ll be focussed on delivering profit to our bottom line, in a way that is truly customer focussed.
- Developing, implementing and assessing a clear programme of activities all with the aim of driving increased trade to the Travel Money business
- Working across our in-store network, and our online channel to deliver solutions that satisfy all areas of the business and increase overall profitability
- Identifying opportunities for our business to grow, through existing and new income streams
- Implementing a test and learn strategy that will facilitate innovation
- Driving the business forward using a collaborative style of working across our Finance, Marketing, Supplier Relationship and Customer teams
- Working with our third party suppliers to identify opportunities for growth, within our current product offering and considering further diversification
- Supporting the Leadership team in developing the future Travel Money operating model, identifying areas of opportunity across the full supply chain
- Managing a pricing elasticity programme to optimise margin and profit levels
- Monitoring levels of trade and identify areas of opportunity that align to the Travel Money strategy
- Driving and delivering improvement plans creating tangible benefits to customers, income, costs, business processes and colleagues.
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in the foreign exchange market
- A track record of delivering improvements to a P&L
- Strong organisation skills and be able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Customer focused
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written communication – business and project reports.
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards and travel money. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and new offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.