Finance and Support Services Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance and Support Services Manager to join our team to oversee the management of the Sightsavers Finance and Administration at the Sierra Leone Country Office. Reporting to the Country Director you will be responsible for monitoring the country resource management and identifying risks or issues.
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term Contract
Location: Sierra Leone Country Office, Freetown
The Finance and Support Services Manager will develop or propose solutions to financial or support related problems and will assess consistency and quality of financial management in collaboration with colleagues.
This is an involved role and under the supervision of the Country Director, the Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM) will be in charge of:
- Ensuring competent financial management and risk mitigation by ensuring compliance with local regulations and adhering to the organisational Financial Framework with specific respect to implementation of: financial management and controls; financial planning and budgeting; financial monitoring and audits; monitoring and retaining accurate financial records.
- Leading in support services to the country office through managing logistics of procurement of supplies, delivering or overseeing administrative functions i.e. payroll and ensuring IT equipment functions effectively all in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Working collaboratively with programme and finance teams to support and strengthen the financial management, accountability and capacity building of partners.
- Supporting finance and programme teams with joint review of programme/project reports, planning and analysis
- Supporting proper financial and resource management of programmes with the joint review of project planning and monitoring reports, auditing of funds provided, analysis of programme delivery and grant management reporting.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or degree (MBA) in Finance/Accounting.
- Extensive working experience ideally gained in an INGO environment, but experience of audit and government organisations would also be advantageous
- Extensive experience in financial management, programme/ project management and administration
- Project financial management, budget and data analysis skills
- Strong experience in grant management including EC, DFID, Irish Aid and USAID
- Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Full details may be found in the job description
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing dates.
We anticipate that interviews, including a role-specific Excel based assessment will take place from 20 November 2020.