Sports Information Services Limited
Applicant privacy notice for online applications
Sports Information Services Limited (SIS) is the "data controller" of any personal data (personal information) you provide to us as part of any recruitment process. As the data controller for this information, SIS is responsible for deciding how we hold and use your personal information and we explain below how and why it will be used (for the purposes of recruitment) and for how long it will usually be retained. We are providing this information to you because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor) and because SIS is obliged to provide certain information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The information we hold about you
If you apply for a position with SIS online, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you in connection with your application:
- The information you have provided to us in your CV and covering letter.
- The information you provide on our application form including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, employment history, qualifications, salary expectations and adjustments that may be required due to your needs.
- Any information you provide on our equal opportunities form.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview.
We may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of information about you:
- Volume and quality of work
- Knowledge of job
- Honesty and integrity
- Team work
- Ability to work without supervision
- Would they re-employ?
- Health Management Limited who will send you a questionnaire to complete which will be used to assess your fitness for work.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Confirm your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
- Assess your fitness for work and any adjustments to working practices that might need to be made.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to decide whether to appoint you to the role because it will be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role. We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
After receiving your CV and application form, we will process that information to decide if you meet our requirements to be shortlisted for the role and whether to invite you for interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references from your referees and we may conduct other checks including a criminal record check before confirming your appointment.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made for or during your interview.
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: Access UK Limited, Health Management Limited, Ofcom (anonymised data will be provided to Ofcom for equal opportunities and diversity monitoring), our auditors and HM Revenue and Customs. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the SIS group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of six months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, you have the right by law to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or the legitimate interest of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the SIS HR team, 9th floor, Blue Tower, MediaCityUK, Salford, M50 2ST in writing.
Data privacy manager
We have appointed a data privacy manager to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the data privacy manager at: email@example.com.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/).