Salary £35,000 - £40,000 p.a. dependent on experience, plus generous benefit package.
SIS is a leading trusted supplier to the betting industry. Our Project Management Team are responsible for delivering and managing a range of large scale projects across the business.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to work within the SIS Programme Management Office, whose primary goal is to support the success of the business by ensuring projects and initiatives are strategically aligned and follow a clear framework based on best practice and continuous improvement.
The Business Analyst will collaborate with key stakeholders to define the goals and objectives of projects within SIS. They will draw out and communicate requirements and help devise effective solutions that are in line with the strategic aims of the business. The Business Analyst will work with Product Owners and Development teams using agile principles and processes.
Knowledge/Experience and Pre-requisites
- Certification including BCS, Scrum Master or Product Owner highly desirable
- Proven experience of agile development methodologies and user stories in particular (knowledge of Scrum essential).
- Experienced / Knowledgeable of the following deliverables and practices: user story writing, product vision and objective user journeys, stakeholder analysis, competitor analysis, business process modelling, story map development, story backlog management
- Must be able to demonstrate practical experience in an analytical role.
- Broad overall knowledge and awareness of IT and IT systems.
- Understanding and experience of the full project life-cycle and structured development processes.
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications and reports.
- An understanding of relevant web-application technologies – HTML/CSS/JS/XML etc.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to drive the requirements and solutions as well as resolve lower level operational issues with experience translating between business and technology
- Experience of large scale projects and/or teams
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Experience within the betting sector (desirable).
- Experience with other industry standard development methodologies such as RUP and project management systems such as PRINCE (desirable).
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Business Analyst are set out below.
- Identifies all impacted stakeholders and builds good relationships to understand and manage their needs
- Facilitates collaboration between various stakeholders to understand their needs and influence decisions
- Drives a shared understanding of all stakeholders and team
- Gather detailed functional requirements and collaborate with product owners, business stakeholders, developers, UI designers and testers to specify and document them, usually as agile user stories
- Facilitation of workshops to gather requirement, identify issues etc
- Synthesizes complex sets of information to provide clarity and understanding
- Mapping business processes as the basis for gathering requirements
- Ensuring functional specification matches business intent and goals
- Creating functional and non-functional specification documents as required
- Assess customer interaction/UI use cases
- Identifying gaps and conflicts in requirements and drive toward solution
- Assess technical solutions fits business objectives
- Uncover technical and scope trade-offs required to allow Business Owners to make informed decisions
- Manages the requirements backlog to ensure that the stream of work for the team remains up-to-date, and information and knowledge is being captured at the right level
- Identifies opportunities for improvement across product, process and team
- Ensures that all requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfils goals and objectives, and meets a stakeholder need
- Measures and evaluates solutions for value and opportunities
- Managing and coordinating small project teams when required, either in the form of a traditional project manager or scrum master
- Interpreting market and competitor analysis, product analysis and definition, and other tasks contributing to the definition and implementation of products within SIS
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentational).
- Self-motivated and able to work largely unsupervised, taking responsibility for own actions.
- Customer focused, understanding the needs of customers and the importance of providing solutions to satisfy short and long-term objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships.
- Ability to anticipate and manage potential points of conflict, balancing the interests of different groups against strategy and objectives.
- Negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively and influentially at all levels.
- Flexible, prepared to take on a wide variety of tasks and adapt to different situations.
- Goal setting/short term planning: Achieves results by setting goals using quality planning, analysis and decision making. Adapts and copes successfully with changing circumstances.
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
- Relationship building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Is an honest, trustworthy, a valued team member, and actively involved in achieving team objectives.
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to business success.
- Develop and maintain highly effective working relationships with business users
- Provide customer experience insight for relevant projects
- Liaison with business users throughout project duration
- Develop a harmonious, effective working environment for colleagues.
- Facilitate and manage the development and prioritisation of the new products & services via internal workshops etc.
- Identify new ideas and processes.
- Committed to continuous personal development.
- Ensure that the best interests of SIS are upheld at all times.
- Provide high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Operate within the legal and regulatory framework.