The role will encompass a wide variety of work including but not limited to: timetable management and consolidation of the group monthly management accounts including balance sheet and cashflow statement; assisting with both the year end audit and the preparation of the group and subsidiary statutory accounts; compliance and preparation of Tax and VAT returns.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
While reporting directly to the Head of Management Accounts and Reporting, a key measure of success in the role will be the value added through the close and productive working relationship with the Group Financial Controller and Senior Management Accountant. The role will also benefit from support from the trainee accountant and will be part of a small group that will develop and mentor this individual.
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Financial Accountant are set out below.
Management accounts for the Group
- Co-ordinate the month end timetable across the wider finance department in order to deliver timely management accounts for the SIS Group.
- Consolidate the monthly management accounts of all SIS entities/divisions into the Group Management Reporting Pack including balance sheet and cashflow statements.
- Assist with preparation of the monthly CFO report including all supporting schedules.
- Work with Senior Management Accountant and team to understand the drivers and significance of variances
- Prepare and maintain year end timetable for the wider finance team, ensuring all deadlines are met in time for the year end audit.
- Preparation and compilation of the year end documents for the auditors
- Assist the Head of Management Accounts and Reporting in preparing the year-end statutory accounts ensuring full compliance with FRS102.
- Compile information for and prepare supporting schedules to the notes in the statutory accounts.
- Complete relevant monthly balance sheet reconciliations and co-ordinate full balance sheet reconciliation across the wider finance team
Tax and VAT Compliance
- Corporation Tax
- Prepare quarterly payment on account calculations
- Liaise with tax advisors and provide required information to them in order to prepare annual provisional and final tax computations, utilising the Trainee Accountant to compile the required information.
- Co-ordinate annual RDEC claims
- Liaise with shareholder accountants in any consortium relief calculations and claims.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns utilising the Trainee Accountant and ensure SIS is compliant with HMRC’s Making Tax Digital requirements.
- Prepare and submit quarterly EC sales lists
- Ensure all VAT processes are documented and shared across the transactional team and arrange training where necessary.
- SISBET (Ireland) Limited – prepare and submit all Tax/Vat submissions on the Irish ROS system.
- Support Group Financial Controller on any other UK and International tax matters, including the Senior Accounting Officer return and the published tax strategy
- Ownership of the Business Intelligence reporting tool ensuring data integrity of all system reporting, including:
- Liaise with BI consultant to ensure accurate and relevant reporting to management/budget holders
- Control of the nominal grouping structure
- Supervision of the BI month end processes (month end web reports, validation, release of automated report distribution for management.
- Support the Head of Management Accounts and reporting to deliver enhanced reporting via the Qlik sense tool.
SIS Live India Compliance:
- Key point of contact and assisting Group Financial Controller in the statutory compliance for SIS Live partnership in India.
- Lead the preparation and submission of India related annual statutory accounts, utilising the wider finance team as necessary.
- Indian Tax – support Group Financial Controller in liaising with both EY India, and EY London with regards to ongoing India Taxation challenge and appeal, ensuring that all of the necessary information requests are provided, and that costs are tightly controlled within the pre-approved budgeted spend, reporting back to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Support Group Financial Controller and CFO by liaising with senior management to discuss the risks faced by the business. Ensure the Group Risk Register is maintained accordingly, for presentation at the Board and Audit committee.
- Support the Senior Management team in preparing and presenting analysis on RSD.
- Support the Head of Management Accounts and Reporting in co-ordinating the annual budget process and across the wider SIS Management team, determining timetable leading to approval by the SIS holdings Board.
- Support the Head of Management Accounts and Reporting in co-ordinating the re-forecast process across finance and the wider SIS management team leading to communication of the year end outturn to the SIS Holdings board.
- Maintain CPD as per requirements of professional qualification
Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or recognised equivalents) or QBE.
- Experience of finance systems, preferably a large system such as Sage 1000, SAP or similar and an advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Better Together:
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, particularly in communicating with a wide range of people and helping to create a harmonious and effective working environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take initiative in problem solving.
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and being flexible in approach.
- To be able to work under pressure and to a high quality whilst ensuring timely delivery of duties.
- Trusted Delivery:
- Operates within the legal and regulatory framework, upholds and promotes the Company’s values at all times
- Focused Innovation:
- Identify new ideas and processes, seek out opportunities to improve own, company and personal performance.
- Strong aptitude for business process improvement.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentational).
- Customer focused, understanding the needs of customers and the importance of providing solutions to satisfy short and long-term objectives.
- Ability to anticipate and manage potential points of conflict, balancing the interests of different groups against strategy and objectives.
- Negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively and influentially at all levels.
- Flexible, prepared to take on a wide variety of tasks and adapt to different situations.
- Goal setting/short term planning: Achieves results by setting goals using quality planning, analysis and decision making. Adapts and copes successfully with changing circumstances.
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
- Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Is an honest, trustworthy, valued team member, and actively involved in achieving team objectives.
- Inspiring Enthusiasm:
- Displays positive attitudes and behaviours at all times, produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to business success.