Deputy Service Manager - Stockton on Tees, Autism Specialist Service
Providing outstanding autism specialist residential care in Stockton-On-Tees
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen within SJOG for an experienced Deputy Service Manager to develop a new specialist residential home for 5 adults with autism and associated conditions.
If you have a contemporary understanding of autism and are interested in developing the latest research and practice skills so that people with autism can thrive in their local community, then we want to hear from you!
Our autism practice model is based on academically approved standards, and is aligned with autism good practice and national guidance. As part of a new management team you will support us in providing people with autism with an outcome focused service, with person centred active support at its core.
The role involves providing support to the Registered Service Manager in the day to day management and leadership of the team. Deputising in the absence of the manager by providing residential support to people with autism and associated conditions.
The Deputy Manager will assist in promoting the principles of Right Support, Right Care, Right Culture (CQC, 2020) and to provide outcome focused support that enables people to live positively and as independent as possible in their community.
- Diploma Level 3 (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of working at least in a senior support worker role within an autism specialist service for the past 3 years.
- Practical experience of working within a Positive Behaviour Support Model.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support and working within the recommendations of the DoH Positive and Proactive Care, 2014 guidance and Positive Behaviour Support Academy
- Value driven with the ability to lead and develop a positive spirit and culture within a team.
- Ability to inspire people.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Solution focused and ability to see through problems quickly.
- Have a strength based approach when supporting people with complex needs.
- Ability to capture success and promote service outcomes.
- Ability to supervise, appraise and support staff in a dynamic way.
- Experience of working in complex needs services and believing in people’s potential.
- Good working knowledge of care work and Fundamental Standards/Regulation.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Experience of developing outcome focused support plans.
- Experience of report writing (including ability to analyse trends and patterns).
- Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise and take action quickly.
- Ability to engage with people at all levels.
- Proactive approach to individual’s needs.
- Ability to implement, develop and monitor systems.
- Able to work alone and lead a team confidently.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to be flexible with working times e.g. week days, evenings, weekends, nights.
- Driving Licence
Benefits and Rewards:
- Annual leave entitlement of 33 days (pro-rata) including bank and public holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Bike to Work Scheme
- We are an equal opportunities employer
- Specialised training programme that surpasses national and practice standards.
Click here to view the full Job Description and Person Specification
For an informal discussion regarding the vacancy, please contact Nicola Toth, Service Manager on 07717443615 or email email@example.com .