Kickstart Project Manager (Green Team Project) - Welwyn Garden City
At SJOG we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experience project manager for our new Green Team programme.
The Green Team programme is an opportunity for young people aged 16-24 who are unemployed to learn about grounds maintenance and gardening tasks. They will gain an ASDAN qualification with a focus on developing outdoor space for the benefit of the people we support in our residential and community services along with engaging with the local community.
The position is offered on a fixed term 10 month contract.
The project will run until February/March 2022 and we aim to support at least 25 young people in the programme.
The primary task of the manager is to lead the delivery of the Green Team initiative to develop practical garden skills and transferable skills so participants are work ready after a 6-month period. This involves delivering a mixture of practical work and lesson based theory.
We would like the project manager to start as soon as possible.
Specifically you will be involved in:
- The core specification of the course is already designed; the Project Manager will be expected to have input on the final course content and to deliver this to a high standard.
- Ensure that at least 25 participants are supported through the initiative
- Ongoing review and development of the course content based on feedback from learners as the programme progresses. Tailor the course to meeting individual needs
- To work with individuals and community groups, businesses and community networks to attract individuals on to the programme to meet programme targets
- To ensure that the programme is promoted in the area and adheres to Kickstart Funding Requirements
- To deliver the programme (practical and classroom elements) to at least 25 young people between April 2021 and Feb 2022.
- Recruit participants to the programme through the links with Job Centre Plus.
- Ensure that induction materials are completed correctly
- Ensure that all sessions are fully equipped with materials as per the programme outline
- Drive minibus provided to transport the group as required.
- To ensure all health and safety requirement are met and maintained.
- To provide individuals with the support needed to engage fully in the course.
- To liaise with the various staff teams at SJOG to provide maximum support in achieving outcomes
- To lead gardening/grounds maintenance work for the group.
- To foster a culture of teamwork to deliver gardening projects in the local community.
- To liaise with external partners such as employers and voluntary organisations to help young people move on after 6 months.
- Complete and maintain auditable paper records for review by the Kickstart Scheme
- Promote the project to the local community and generate income through donations.
- To ensure that SJOG colleagues are aware of plans and can make use of the Green Team in local services.
- To manage participants so they engage fully in the scheme.
- To engage with external partners to offer the Green Team initiative and grow the profile of the scheme.
- To act as an ambassador for the group at external network meetings, raising the profile of SJOG and the programme.
Administration and Project Management
- To manage all administrative duties in line with the programme and funding requirements
- To manage all financial budgets in line with the programme and support from operations and finance teams.
- To provide reports in line with programme management
Click here to view the Job Description and Person Specification