Somerset Passenger Solutions is currently looking for a Vehicle Technician to work at our 10 bay, state of the art vehicle maintenance unit. You will be part of a team providing high quality inspection, maintenance, diagnostic and repair services for a current fleet of 160+ modern coaches, single deck and double deck buses. Working on a 24/7, 12 hour, 4 on 4 off shift rota, to ensure that there are sufficient safe, clean and reliable vehicles available at all times to meet PVR and the exacting, industry leading standards of SPS and its clients. Also to ensure that the documentation supporting the inspection, maintenance and repair activities is completed accurately, to the necessary regulatory authority, client and company standards.
We provide the passenger transport needs for the largest construction project in Europe – Hinkley Point C. We transport thousands of clients to and from the site every day, working 24/7 to ensure that construction remains on schedule.
Essential skills/qualifications required:
- Minimum City & Guilds Part 1 & 2 Certificate in Motor Vehicle Craft Studies or equivalent Level 3 qualification
- Driving licence
- At least two years relevant, recent and demonstrable post training experience in heavy vehicle engineering, preferably PCV
- The ability to apply consistent high standards of technical judgement
- A pragmatic and proactive, can do attitude to short notice workshop deadlines.
- NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
- Category D driving licence
- Possession of IRTEC licence. Inspection and/or Service Maintenance Technician
- PCV Electrical system aptitude and experience in the bus industry
Summary of benefits:
- Pension – 5% contributory pension matched by us
- Employee discount scheme
- Free bus travel & reduced rail travel for you and family members
- Life assurance
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual pay review linked to retail price index
Please note - All employees must be willing to undergo Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and obtain a DBS certificate. This standard is designed to provide a level of assurance as to the honesty, integrity and values of individuals who are required to work at a Nuclear Licenced Site, or who may have access to sensitive nuclear information.
Somerset Passenger Solutions welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.