Trainee and Qualified PCV Coach Drivers - Full or Part Time
Trainee and Qualified Bus / Coach Driver
Think you can’t drive a bus or coach? Think again!
Only ever driven a mini or Fiat 500. No problem!
If you have great people and customer service skills – we can teach you the rest!
Then apply to join our friendly and supportive team and take your first step to a new career today!
We have colleagues who have joined us from all kinds of jobs across all industries and sectors including:
Healthcare, Retail, Warehousing, Hospitality, Delivery Driving, Uniformed Services (e.g. Police & HM Forces), Finance, Security – the list is endless.
As one of our Drivers, you will be transporting the workforce from local areas to HPC (Hinkley Point C) which is one of the largest constructions sites in Europe. Our expert driver trainers will be with you every step of the way providing ongoing support, development, and training.
This is a 24/7 project, so we have shifts starting from as early as 3am through to night shifts.
A summary of benefits:
- Qualified: Pay £12.45 per hour increasing to £12.78 after 6 months and £14.27 after 12 months (and completion of Level 2 Customer Service course)
- Trainee bases pay £10.76 for the first 4 weeks (increasing to £12.45)
- 10% night shift premium (between 2200hrs - 0600hrs)
- 25% overtime and weekend premium
- Pension - 5% contributory pension matched by us.
- Employee Rewards scheme (retailer discounts)
- Free bus travel & significantly reduced rail travel
- Employee Life Cover
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Accredited customer service qualification + other courses/training available
- Annual pay review linked to retail price index
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a full UK licence which you have held for a minimum of 24 months.
- Have fantastic customer service and people skills.
- Can be flexible with working hours.
Please note - All employees must be willing to undergo Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and obtain a DBS certificate. This standard is designed to provide a level of assurance as to the honesty, integrity and values of individuals who are required to work at a Nuclear Licenced Site, or who may have access to sensitive nuclear information.
Somerset Passenger Solutions welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.