Salary £40,000 - £43,000 per annum depending on experience
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Home based with regular travel to London, Essex and Birmingham
Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative leaving care services across the UK & Isle of Man. We have a passionate commitment to our young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We provide positive life experiences for young people who are unable to sustain a placement in their parental or foster home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and keen to develop an inclusive workforce were people feel they belong. We hope to attract application from under- represented groups including people from different cultures, nationalities, socio economic backgrounds, ages, disabilities, religion, faith, sex, orientation, child care responsibilities and with gender diverse identities.
About the Role
- To establish new areas of business for the organisation and to drive development in high growth areas.
- Reporting to Director of operations, you will be working to maintain and establish new commissioning relationships and develop a robust referral pipeline in line with St Christopher’s values and business needs.
- Providing a positive and seamless beginning for children and young people who come to live in our services.
- To support, supervise and develop the referrals team
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with St Christopher’s service managers, SSW, carers and external professionals to ensure commissioned packages of support are holistic and appropriately meet the needs of individual children.
- Developing good business relationships with local authorities demonstrating value for money without compromising quality of service.
Applicants should have
- Experience in developing new business and strong operational expertise within the childcare or vulnerable groups sector.
- Ability to engage with and scrutinise large amounts of written information.
- To work at pace to undertake initial assessments to an excellent standard.
- A professional qualification/NVQ Level 4/ social worker qualification or Professional qualification and commitment to ongoing professional development.
- To have a good have a good understanding of the regulatory framework covering both residential and fostering service
What you should expect from us
- Salary £40,000 - £43,000 per annum depending on experience
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification. For the full Job Description and Person Specification click here
For more information or assistance during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 02/11/2021
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St Christopher’s Fellowship has a minimum age requirement of 21 for roles working directly with children and young people in our residential and semi-independent Homes.