Trainee Bus Driver - Romford
Come and join our front line heroes working for a sustainable, diverse and community focused employer who puts its people at the heart of its business.
Our Stagecoach heroes continue to keep London’s people moving and the safety and support of our people is paramount and at the heart of our business. Our vision is to help people lead more sustainable lives, harnessing new and greener technology, whilst protecting our people and customers. The health and wellbeing of our diverse people is a priority as we support people to be themselves at work and supporting our local communities with our charitable partnerships.
So come and join our Romford garage heroes.
- Get paid to train as not only will you be earning from day one, we’ll also pay for all of your training costs, worth around £4,000
- earn £497.80 per week with overtime available
- £1,000 bonus after 2 years and an additional £600 after 3 years
- Working different shift with different days off each week
You’ll be one of our great team of bus drivers who transport our fantastic customers safely and comfortably every day to healthcare and employment, to shopping and leisure, and to friends and family.
Aside from the satisfaction of being a key worker in your community, there’s loads of reasons for you to join the Stagecoach London team…
- Great benefits including a generous company pension scheme, 20 days holiday, free financial education and affordable loans, and finally a range of money-saving opportunities including discounts on holidays and retail, cinema outings, dental insurance, vehicle breakdown cover and hotels and attractions
- Free travel for you and a household member on TfL bus and rail services (this is a non-contractual benefit) and outside London there is free travel for you and a companion on Stagecoach buses.
- Guaranteed 38 minimum hours with overtime for those who want to increase their earnings
- Plenty of job security from being a key worker at the heart of our communities, where we always need great people behind the wheel
- UK-wide opportunities whereby if you’re moving out of choice or circumstance, as we run bus companies across the UK, you can transfer to a new location
- Supportive and high quality training from some of the best (and nicest!) driver trainers in the industry – we’ll teach you everything you need to know about our routes, our vehicles, how to offer the best customer service and more.
- Career development including our Trade Up scheme for drivers who want to move into engineering, promotion opportunities to Driver Mentor, Regulator/Controller and Driving Instructor, and routes into management and leadership for those who want that
- Secondment opportunities to work elsewhere in the business – either on big events like Silverstone and Cheltenham Festival, or into our Stagecoach wide head office support functions
- An employee assistance programme to support health and wellbeing through a confidential service available 24 hours a day which provides specialist guidance and assistance on a range of personal and work-related issues, from dealing with stress and anxiety to managing financial, marital or legal issues.
- A great working environment with loads of opportunity to make new friends from a bunch of great workmates, managers who work hard to create great places to work, and employee networks building inclusive environments for women, veterans, carers, multicultural and LGBTQ+ colleagues. We are proud to advocate and partner with our corporate charity, as well as a number of community engagement projects – in addition to proudly promoting an array of health, wellbeing and family initiatives.
The recruitment process is simple – you apply online, we’ll get you in for an interview, and that’s it!
It doesn’t matter if you’re working in customer service, the care industry, retail, hospitality or in a warehouse or factory, the only things we need are…
- You need to be 18 years old and hold a driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points (unless you have held the licence for under two years)
- You need to want to deliver great customer service
- You need to have a patient, safe and courteous approach to driving
So if that’s you, and you like what we’re offering, then apply below!