Location: Stagecoach East Midlands Head Office
Hours: 40 hours per week. Out of hours work may be required including some weekends.
Qualifications: Good general standard of education, excellent computer & keyboard skills.
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Assistant to join our Commercial Team at our Head Office based in Lincoln.
We are looking for an individual with good communication skills, both verbal and written, and someone who is able to work with a wide range of people, so you must have good interpersonal skills.
Ideally you will have a logical mind, meaning that you are able to tackle unexpected challenges quickly and flexibly whilst delivering to the timescales that are set. You may have a strong bias towards mathematical or numerical based problems. This, with an enthusiasm for the bus industry and a knowledge of the local public transport system may make you ideal for this role and, if this is the case, we would like to hear from you.
The key responsibilities that the successful candidate will learn to undertake are outlined below –
• To produce cost effective schedules, with the aid of computerised schedules programmes, and Driver rotas for all current and any future services.
• To take a proactive approach to consistently review all the existing schedules; this may include completing route surveys and risk assessments of specific routes.
• To assist the Commercial Support Manager and Business Development Manager by providing information to assist them in meetings they have with various public bodies about service planning and schedules.
• To ensure that the computer database of all operations is accurately maintained and updated in a timely manner and provide downloads to the managers as required.
• Take an active role in monitoring the operation of services and reviewing as appropriate, e.g. running times, lost mileage and reporting areas of concern.
• To take an active role in producing revised timetable information for our customers.
Full training, both internal and external, will be given to the successful applicant.
In order to comply with the Stagecoach UK Bus Medical Examination Policy, all new employees will be required to obtain a fitness letter from their own GP. The fitness letter will be required at our occupational health provider no later than 8 weeks after the commencement of employment. Please note that if this letter is not received by this point, then your employment with the company may be reviewed.