About the job
Are you looking for a job with career opportunities? We are looking for Support Workers to join our rapidly expanding organisation in our Residential Services. You do not need experience, just enthusiasm and compassion to support our vulnerable adults. What we do require is for you to always treat the people we support with dignity and respect and adhere to our ethos, Potential, Responsibility, Integrity, Diversity, Empathy.
- You're committed and compassionate with a desire to make a difference to those you care for, in a supportive, safe and caring manner.
- Ability to adapt your approach to work with people with a varying degree of independence who have learning disabilities, mental health and complex needs.
- Good communication skills
- To work together cohesively with your team to provide the highest standards of service and care
- Be able to work flexibly, shifts will include evenings, weekends, sleep ins and nights.
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided to the people we support through their person-centered care plans to achieve and exceed potential
- Promote the company ethos, right values and attitudes towards people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health needs and behaviours described as challenging
- Facilitating social, educational or work activities such as visiting family and friends, walks, shopping and other recreational activities of their choice.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each person.
- Complete records and documentation of progress, incidents and activities.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, rights, dignity, health and wellbeing of the individuals.
- General housekeeping duties that can include shopping, domestic duties as well as elements of personal care.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Above & Beyond Awards
- Professional Qualifications
- Career Progression
- Life Insurance
- Golden Hello
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free DBS checks
- Training & Development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Online GP
- Retail discount scheme
- Long service award
- New baby payments
To protect you, your colleagues and the people that we support you will be expected to take up the coronavirus vaccination, unless you have a valid medical reason for not doing so.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, to apply please complete our short application form and someone from our recruitment team will be in touch!
Darwin Place in Much Wenlock is looking for Support Workers to cover days, weekends and holidays over the below working shifts:
08.00 - 15.00
15.00 – 22.00
15.00 - 19.00