Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
The Community Editor will be responsible for building, managing and growing a community of engaged Telegraph Travel readers.
● To plan, execute and deliver brilliant ways of engaging readers via the Travel Club and other initiatives.
● Manage the 'ask the expert' benefit of the new Travel Club and fulfil the time promise in which to answer reader / member travel queries.
● Developing Club benefits, such as VIP access to travel info, enhanced travel concierge access and other timely benefits, for which they will need travel industry contacts.
● Plan and generate new ideas, updating and improving existing initiatives and working with travel colleagues and other departments to ensure cross-promotion.
● Set a high standard of quality and visual appeal in the production of pages online.
● To help identify gaps in coverage to meet the needs of the traveller and keep Telegraph Travel club and other community initiatives number one in the market.
● To find news ways/ideas to drive engagement with travel content.
● Share ideas and liaise with the other Digital Community Editors across the business.
Specific requirements & skills
● Understanding of what builds communities online and how we can do this in a Telegraph way.
● Understanding of the Telegraph readership and what makes them want to dwell and linger over our content, and meet like minded readers.
● A non stop stream of exciting, engaging and relevant ideas.
● Experience of building communities across diverse readerships and platforms.
● Experience of building and managing forums.
● Experience of travel, travel news and consumer trends.
● Able demonstrate understanding of when and why people book and what they want to read.
● Able to edit, check and publish copy, source imagery/video, create online pages, forums and areas.
● Experience of planning new content and improving existing content.
● Able to examine and interpret analytical tools.
● Demonstrate a clear understand of SEO-optimised copy.
● Understanding of the importance of great imagery/video.
● Must understand the importance of harnessing social channels drive engagement.
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.