Retention Executive, Subscriptions
The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
This role is responsible for helping deliver the execution of The Telegraph’s subscriber retention strategies and for the supporting the delivery of brand additive subscription partnerships.
Key Role Requirements:
- Working alongside the rest of the wider Subscriptions team and also the Marketing team, proactively support the delivery of activity in the main focus areas of:
- Driving subscription volume and revenue (print and digital), through contra opportunities; partnerships; acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Increasing subscriber retention and LTV, through effective communication and engagement strategies, including, but not limited to the loyalty programme Telegraph Rewards, subscriber events, and end to end subscriber communication.
- Working with the wider Marketing and Subscriptions teams to implement retention tests and campaigns to support the above focus areas. This activity may run across a variety of internal and external platforms including print, online, above-the-line media, contra partnerships and events.
- Producing/updating marketing collateral and communication to Telegraph subscribers/readers across the website, postal mailings; monthly/weekly e-newsletters; event branding, print and online adverts. This process includes writing concise and effective copy, briefing the design team and final client sign-off.
- Work closely with the Partnerships executive (in the same team) to manage the content and marketing of Telegraph Rewards, the Telegraph loyalty scheme.
- Coming up with ideas for subscriber events calendar, marketing, filling and ultimately successfully executing first-class events aimed at engaging subscribers with The Telegraph brand, content and writers.
- Preparing presentations, research and case studies for meetings and clients.
- Work alongside other areas of the business including Editorial, Legal, Marketing, Production and Advertising to ensure effective execution of projects.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Marketing experience ideally within a media and/or subscriptions environment
- Exceptional communicator with a good telephone manner and confidence in a formal meeting / presentation environment
- Experience of building, nurturing and maintaining relationships across all levels of business (internal and external)
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to competing tight deadlines under pressure, with a positive attitude
- A self-managing and self-motivating team player.
- Proactive, professional and resilient
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment
The Telegraph is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.